jigging reefs 5/8 report jigging reefs 5/8 report jigging reefs 5/8 report jigging reefs 5/8 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jigging reefs 5/8 report

Was out Thurs 5/8 for most of the day. We stopped at just about all of the reefs. Didn't see any walleye netted except a dozen or so around Niagra. We only managed 5 and we tried everything. I was surprised that there weren't more boats out on a beautiful day. No "big groups" of boats anywhere and almost had that end of the lake to ourselves by afternoon. Anyone know where everyone is at ?

No shortage of junk fish. Caught hundreds of fish all day on jigs just not what we were after. Even caught 5 gobbies on the big hook in the mouth. They were more aggressive than the walleye which were all on the stinger. Lost a lot of fish most of them probably sheephead. Got a real nice smallmouth and several jumbo perch on jigs as well. Probably should have brought my harnesses along but only had jigs and blades.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ditto for us

Quote Originally Posted by EYEHUNTER View Post
    Was out Thurs 5/8 for most of the day. We stopped at just about all of the reefs. Didn't see any walleye netted except a dozen or so around Niagra. We only managed 5 and we tried everything. I was surprised that there weren't more boats out on a beautiful day. No "big groups" of boats anywhere and almost had that end of the lake to ourselves by afternoon. Anyone know where everyone is at ?

No shortage of junk fish. Caught hundreds of fish all day on jigs just not what we were after. Even caught 5 gobbies on the big hook in the mouth. They were more aggressive than the walleye which were all on the stinger. Lost a lot of fish most of them probably sheephead. Got a real nice smallmouth and several jumbo perch on jigs as well. Probably should have brought my harnesses along but only had jigs and blades.
    You weren't alone. Most feedback I got said same result as you. There was a big group of boats off Turtle thurs. Some nets in water around us (brief period in early morning) and some reporting limits but those that reported limits sure didn't leave any guts in the cleaning trough at Turtle..... But it was a beautiful day to be out.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Thursday night from 4:30 - 8:15. Caught 13 walleye and kept 12. The other was a 14.5". All caught on white head with green hair jig casting away from boat and hopping it back to the boat quickly. 1 mile sw of locust reef. Also caught several sheephead, white perch, 1 small mouth and belive it or not a sucker as well.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad and his buddies were out on Thursday and they took a 4 man limit on harnesses just north of Kelly's! He said it was on fire...thats not all of them they missed they said..lite hitters...they had a great trip...came home yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

Default got 10

we got 10 Thursday can and in front of turtle 14 ft of water to 19ft purple hair jigs no bait approx 7 till noon 4 guys beautiful day fishing with friends and family