Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I ran right out and bought 12 of each color and am I ever glad I did. I caught a 52" walleye that weighed 29 lbs. I will be signing autographs in front of the snake oil market on the corner of Bull & Crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Shame on Mepps they are deceiving or trying to decieve the members of this site. The photo posted on Walleye . com is a Mepps lures timeline photo.
    I doubt the company knows he's doing this.

However, they do now.

I emailed the Rep for this area this morning, telling him what their pro staffer has done, and that his fabricated posting is giving them a black eye.

Mepps has a long history, and has many great lures. Don't hold it against them, because one guy doesn't know how to tell the truth, or isn't a good enough fisherman to be able to tell the truth.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    I doubt the company knows he's doing this.

However, they do now.

I emailed the Rep for this area this morning, telling him what their pro staffer has done, and that his fabricated posting is giving them a black eye.

Mepps has a long history, and has many great lures. Don't hold it against them, because one guy doesn't know how to tell the truth, or isn't a good enough fisherman to be able to tell the truth.
    I have to respectfully disagree!

To me If he works/represents for Mepps then Mepps is guilty, after all he was obviously plugging for the company in a suggestive manner and under an official capacity. He was trying to sell this newly released lure. No one is, or at least I am not, questioning the quality of Mepps Tackle, that is not at issue here, honesty and integrity is. The company is judged, just like all companies, by who and how they are represented to the general public. They are only as good as those who represent them and their name. Obviously the Company thought enough of this guy to post a photo of him on their Face Book page, the same photo that was posted on this site but with a different date, a date that only shows up if the picture is viewed on a mobile devise. Take a good look at that picture! That night crawler looks just fresh out of the worm box, no marks or tears on it, with a fish that size I would think that there would at least be one tear on it ,at least where it was fastened on the stinger hook this gentleman refers to in the original posting and the fish in the photo is hooked on. Most people do fasten the worm to the last hook right?
    Last edited by wakina; 05-07-2014 at 06:17 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

I have to respectfully disagree!

To me If he works/represents for Mepps then Mepps is guilty, after all he was obviously plugging for the company in a suggestive manner and under an official capacity. He was trying to sell this newly released lure. No one is, or at least I am not, questioning the quality of Mepps Tackle, that is not at issue here, honesty and integrity is. The company is judged, just like all companies, by who and how they are represented to the general public. They are only as good as those who represent them and their name. Obviously the Company thought enough of this guy to post a photo of him on their Face Book page, the same photo that was posted on this site but with a different date. Take a good look at that picture! That night crawler looks just fresh out of the worm box, no marks or tears on it.
    I caught a walleye the other day and was able to use the crawler again since it didn't get torn or have any damage to it, so that's "possible".

I sent the Rep the link to this thread this morning in my email to him, so he'll see what's going on.

As far as the picture... when they are posted online, the date of upload is what is posted.

We can't even be sure that the April 30th date is correct. But, I do know that his story of catching 140 fish all over 7+ pounds on that day is bogus. It was still a tough bite after that blow and the cold front conditions we had for the 5 days before. lol

He's an embarrassment...and, should be ashamed of himself.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juls

I also sent an email to Mepps last night informing them of this post with a link to it.

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you contacted them, hope it does some good.

I don't know who does the posting on their Facebook page, but the post was made under the Mepps's account and accompanied by the same picture on Facebook that appeared on walleye . com at a later date.

Doesn't that make them(Mepps's) accountable for their post(entry) on their own Facebook page timeline? The post where they claim that " in less than a week, Mepps Walleye Pro, Terry Leffel and a couple of his friends boated over 140 walleyes OVER 7 LBS."! I realize that they are allowed to post whatever they want to post on their Facebook page, but shouldn't a business post believable information, even you have called it hard to believe! Especially with the windy weather and all. When reading both posts from here and Facebook one would have to think they were fishing on lake Erie because of the photos being the same and what was posted one this site as to location. The time on time lines on both Twitter and Facebook are considered accurate by most legal authorities.

With this post I am now moving on and we will remain in disagreement on this subject!
    Last edited by wakina; 05-07-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

With this post I am now moving on and we will remain in disagreement on this subject!
    Agreeing to disagree works for me. Have a great day, and enjoy this nicer weather on the way.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lures

I have some of these mepps lures given to me by mepps. When i use them i hope to have the same results. But when i use them i will let you know either way what results i do get from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBRIAN View Post
    I have some of these mepps lures given to me by mepps. When i use them i hope to have the same results. But when i use them i will let you know either way what results i do get from them.
    Brian, from looking at the original post it sounds like you should take a few extra coolers with you. Probably a baseball bat just in case LOL

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

That's nothing I was out off the old bay bridge in Sandusky Bay last Saturday to get out of that awful blow. Got all the way out there and realized I forgot all my cranks and harnesses so I did not know what to do. So I started jigging Skipper Nine rigs tipped with bits off of a Cold Cut subway sub I had purchased for dinner and we slayed them.

I am taking 20 fish that had to be over 10 lbs, I was not 100% sure since I forgot my scale. I have attached a picture of the biggest one, I was really nervous trying to get this one since I only had 6 Lb test on but old OneEye did a great job with the net.