Tru Trip 30's Tru Trip 30's Tru Trip 30's Tru Trip 30's
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tru Trip 30's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tru Trip 30's

Received my 30's last week, can't wait to try them out. Each box even has the depth chart on them!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Colors ? Larger ?

So I purchased the "kit" to make my traditional jet divers into a "tru-trip", however; I am a bit leary that they will not run true to the depths or work as well as real tru-trips. So I will make the switch from the traditional Jet Divers to the Tru-Trips. I did see some comments from the last 2 years, where it didn't seem to matter from a color perspective except that some agreed a brighter color worked best on sunny/bright days, and darker colors for cloudy/dark overcast days. Is this still the case that color really has no impact? Also, besides being able to go deeper, or using shorter lines, is there a real difference between using 30's, 40's, or 50's? Obviously, you want to match the depth of the fish you are marking, but what other considerations do you need to look at with the Tru-Trips (besides making sure you reset them each time)?

Post Thanks / Like

I ran the 40's behind TX 22 boards, it seemed like it was a little to much pull on them, thats why I am going to try the 30's. The main thing to me is to get your tension right on the trip, so it trips when you want it to. If it doesn't trip and you have some people who are not familiar with them reelin them in to check they will come out of the water very fast. Other than that they work very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GANGWest View Post
    So I purchased the "kit" to make my traditional jet divers into a "tru-trip", however; I am a bit leary that they will not run true to the depths or work as well as real tru-trips. So I will make the switch from the traditional Jet Divers to the Tru-Trips. I did see some comments from the last 2 years, where it didn't seem to matter from a color perspective except that some agreed a brighter color worked best on sunny/bright days, and darker colors for cloudy/dark overcast days. Is this still the case that color really has no impact? Also, besides being able to go deeper, or using shorter lines, is there a real difference between using 30's, 40's, or 50's? Obviously, you want to match the depth of the fish you are marking, but what other considerations do you need to look at with the Tru-Trips (besides making sure you reset them each time)?
    Fishing from Lorain west the 40s will cover any water column you want to fish. If you run in line boards 40s are pretty much the max you want to pull with them. In my opinion color of the jet isn't as important as bait color selection. However if you use big boards there are times 50s will catch fish when 40s won't. That's just my opinion I'm sure others might feel differently. Fishing the big pond can be subjective.