INfo on best ice fishing electronics? INfo on best ice fishing electronics? INfo on best ice fishing electronics? INfo on best ice fishing electronics?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default INfo on best ice fishing electronics?

I've only been ice fishing for 3years am totally hooked on it. I fish mostly ponds from 5' to 20' deep but would like to come up to the big pond someday( lake erie). I do fish Erie a few time during the warm time of year. Anyhow looking to buy my first ice fishing sonar. Looked at alot of them online but not sure what to get. Kind of liking the MarCum showdown or the LX 6 both are digital displays. Any thoughts on what would be good for a beginner using electronics.

basser53 Guest

Default ice electronics

Fishinfool,Check out the Vexilar line of fishfinders.I like the flasher model, it is in color.You can adjust for any depth,zoom the lower depths.this is very user friendly.You can see your bait and pick the fish right off of screen when it bites!Good luck and stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

thanks I'll look at them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have MarCum. Friends have Vexilars. Both are great. Really fun & kinda makes fishing a video game when the bites on. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default electronics

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfool View Post
    I've only been ice fishing for 3years am totally hooked on it. I fish mostly ponds from 5' to 20' deep but would like to come up to the big pond someday( lake erie). I do fish Erie a few time during the warm time of year. Anyhow looking to buy my first ice fishing sonar. Looked at alot of them online but not sure what to get. Kind of liking the MarCum showdown or the LX 6 both are digital displays. Any thoughts on what would be good for a beginner using electronics.
    I have vex fl18. Only one I have used ever. Have had it several years....(10??) I have really only used it on Erie, so has not been used a ton, but I can't imagine ever going without it again. If it broke this morning....id buy a new one tonight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default flasher

vexilar fl 18 is as easy as it gets or marcum 3 is as good . most of these units are shown working on you tube you can watch videos of operation and technique real good teaching aid if you havent run one once you do you wont go without imo flasher is way to go after running one a while you can determine what kind of bottom and if there are weeds or not good luck i forgot hummingbird makes a great flasher as well just make sure whatever you buy has a zoom function on it like fl18 you wont regret it and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys those all seem to be in my price range I will be glad to get something sat on the ice for 4 hrs yesterday without a bite would of been nice to know where the fish were.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfool View Post
    Thanks guys those all seem to be in my price range I will be glad to get something sat on the ice for 4 hrs yesterday without a bite would of been nice to know where the fish were.
    Also look at a Lowrance Either Elite 4x without GPS. Or and Elite 5 with gps. I have used flashers many years but just got an Elite 5 icemachine and love it. Has flasher and graph modes. can also use on a boat with a different transducer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fl-8 and Fl-18

Got my start ice fishing at PIB 15+ years ago. At the time the Vexilar Fl-8 was what the ice guides were using so that is the model I purchased. I recently upgraded to the Fl-18 with auto zoom feature. Both units produce results time and time again. Note: if you own a vexilar and you are fishing neer someone fishing with a Marcum both units will cancel each other's flashers and you won't be able to mark anything. The solution is you will have to pack up and move farther away. Never experienced this but just a notification.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vex

Fl-18 is the best hands down