Catawba State Park Catawba State Park Catawba State Park Catawba State Park
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Here we go! Again? Deja Vue 2009-02-11. Call the Sheriff! What cutter. No cutter! Oh? You have photos? Oh? Well? We had a recruiting in Cleveland on Monday. If the come from Cleveland & stay east? All should be fine, but if the come from Detroit? Big Problems. Hope the USCG has as much or more common sense then brains.

Post Thanks / Like

jiginitis69, How are they going to get that barge to SBI without destroying the Ice that you guys rely on? They almost have to come in from the West to have enough water to float not only the barge but the tow/push vessel as well as the Ice Breaker.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Easy question. Is it deeper water east or west of Millers? I tink east. As long as they don't go straight from west sister to south of Green Island all would be fine. Lots of good fishing NW of Carawba. Why don't they go north of Kelley's & south to millers then to SBI. And go back the way you came. Don't know project & timing so don't want to refer project couldn't be completed in spring. Just an industry killer decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Soo Jiginitis, we've all been talking about the ice conditions, now lets tallk about the fishing. You say "good fishing" NW of Catawba huh. I mean, good as in the average joe is picking up at least a fish or two or good as in you talked to 1 professional ice fisherman that caught his limit on an entire days fishing? lol big difference. lol im not really that experienced at this. I'll probably just walk out about a mile, drill a couple holes and flutter that pimple up and down and hope for a dumb one. So i mean, how far out would you say id have to go to at least have a chance at picking up a couple? Is a quarter to half mile west of catawba just wasting my time or is it really worth it to go northwest a mile or two? thanks for the info man

Post Thanks / Like

Go forth. 2 miles puts ya in the fish. Fisherman are friendly. Many a time I go alone in good ice conditions & I will pick up a walker and take him fishing with me. Not a problem. Wave a $20 bill and watch what happens. You'll get a ride and make a friend. There are 100's of thousands of fish. We're not hunting that elusive big buck solo. Of course there are fellas that think they special & don't want to share that secret spot. I say "Ha"! Fish move. Some areas have better tendacies but that's all there worth. No man worth his salt picks up a fellow fisherman and abandons him. It's a adventure. Hop on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigs

Youlam on fishing this weekend? I would like to go out but I lack a lot of equipment I would need...d if you would,like to helpful and give, me a idea of what to do that would be great... Fished one time anoutm2 miles outmandmhad sled problems....take me on ice I will show you a great,fishing in my boat...let me knows. Lowe life

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe, I'll pm ya. Next week Crane Creek will be on. I have a Aquasport CC with 200 Johnson. Had it since 87'. Do pretty good jigging too. I trailer it. Offers flexibility. Bay is good condition or head to fenwick. Watch ur PM. You don't need anything but good clothes and creepers on your boats. I run a Honda Rubicon 500 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

I found this on another site! Its actually going to happen!

http://coastguardnews.com/ice-breaki...ie/2014/01/17/
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Was a mile and a half north of Catawba today. About 7" where we set up. Miller's dock was loaded up for their delivery tomorrow. Was brutal out there today!

Post Thanks / Like

According to the Miller Ferry Facebook page, the ice breaking scheduled for tomorrow is canceled....