Ice fishing guide warning !!! Ice fishing guide warning !!! Ice fishing guide warning !!! Ice fishing guide warning !!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have personally fished with db sportfishing, jon is first class in everything he puts his name on! We had a blast! I have a lot of ice experience just none on lake erie, the guy I took was as much of a greenhorn as you could be. We caught fish and jon is more than accomidating for all skill levels. I highly reccomend db sportfishing!

Captain Dave
    Fast Action Charters
    fastactioncharters.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd for db

I agree with dave. Give db a shout. He runs a top notch charter service.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if DB Charters are guilty what was claimed on this thread or not!

But there are at least 2 other avenue's of recourse available besides this forum and quite frankly they should be pursued before posting negative comments about someone. DB Charters are registered with the ODNR and appears on their website as duly licensed Ice Guides. Those who feel they have been wronged would most likely find better results by filing a complaint with the ODNR Office in Sandusky as that is where the license is issued from and 2nd there would be small claims court to pursue financial loss, those would be the only 2 ways this could come to a final resolution. With a supportive resolution form either one or both avenues for recourse then those negatives claims would become positive claims and become of value to the rest of the forum users.

Here is a correction to the above post!
    I had it mixed up and now I stand corrected and retract the statement about DB Charters and instead would insert the name of Jeffrey Jump of Buckeye Charters! I would like to thank DoubleD for pointing out the oversight on my part.
    Last edited by wakina; 01-13-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default DB was not the guilty party

I have never ice fished Erie, nor do I know any of these charters but I believe Wakina may have it mixed up about the original complaint. It appears to me the original complaint was with Buckeye charters, not DB. That's all. Good fishing guys, be safe, and save some eyes for the jig bite!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    I have never ice fished Erie, nor do I know any of these charters but I believe Wakina may have it mixed up about the original complaint. It appears to me the original complaint was with Buckeye charters, not DB. That's all. Good fishing guys, be safe, and save some eyes for the jig bite!
    Yes I did have it mixed up and now I stand corrected and retract the statement about DB Charters and instead would insert the name of Jeffrey Jump of Buckeye Charters! I would like to thank DoubleD for pointing out the oversight on my part.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wakina

The cost to file in small claims is 65.00 . Add the time off work and gas money driving from 3 hours away in Southern Ohio all offset the money owed to them .
    As far as the ODNR , no go there either as to be a ice guide all is needed is to pay the state thier 50.00 and all is good .
    I had faith in Jeff to repay my buddies as I have used him a few times before all of this and all seemed good . Jeff was on the pro staff on a site and they pulled that title away as many from the sight that booked with him had the same thing happen to them in the past 3 winters.

His facebook is one big scam as well . How many limits of 10-14 inch perch has anyone caught fishing the islands area ?? Yet his post states they did . He has a thug that helps him and was on the site where he was on the prostaff bad mouthing the site before he was even removed from there .

Jeff takes peoples money because he has no other income in the winter there on the Island .That was stated on the other site by him and that he would repay the guys in the spring when he went back to work . He has already this winter has had customers take the polar dip being in a hurry to get people out for the money .

Bottomline is to read around before booking a guide . Look at his facebook and all the comments and likes are by the same people over and over not customers.

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeerieguy View Post
    The cost to file in small claims is 65.00 . Add the time off work and gas money driving from 3 hours away in Southern Ohio all offset the money owed to them .
    As far as the ODNR , no go there either as to be a ice guide all is needed is to pay the state thier 50.00 and all is good .
    I had faith in Jeff to repay my buddies as I have used him a few times before all of this and all seemed good . Jeff was on the pro staff on a site and they pulled that title away as many from the sight that booked with him had the same thing happen to them in the past 3 winters.

His facebook is one big scam as well . How many limits of 10-14 inch perch has anyone caught fishing the islands area ?? Yet his post states they did . He has a thug that helps him and was on the site where he was on the prostaff bad mouthing the site before he was even removed from there .

Jeff takes peoples money because he has no other income in the winter there on the Island .That was stated on the other site by him and that he would repay the guys in the spring when he went back to work . He has already this winter has had customers take the polar dip being in a hurry to get people out for the money .

Bottomline is to read around before booking a guide . Look at his facebook and all the comments and likes are by the same people over and over not customers.

Dale
    Your reply is duly noted and accepted at face value! I hope that your friends can get some type of restitution for their loss.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default read this if you will

Here is an article by a veteren ice guide over there and notice the date then look at Jeffs face book and you can pretty much figure out who the blind leading the blind is . Thats the same weekend Jeff started to take paying customers out ..

http://www.toledoblade.com/MattMarke...tter-cold.html

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

His thug , as you put it , is highly educated and just started ice fishing last year. The fish he's talking about are being caught as he says. He doesn't even like perch fishing, they are just there. As far as people going through the ice with him you better get another source for your information. Also his first customers came over last weekend jan 10-11th.
    Last edited by gill; 01-14-2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Addition

Post Thanks / Like

Default oh really

Funny that I was up there with friends on the forth and he had paying customers out then . Check his post on his FB and you can see he started on the 3rd.

As far as his partner being educated, thats a laugh in its self . As far as not liking to perch fish ??? Funny how last year guys booked with him to walleye fish to only fly over and be told the ice was not good enough to fish for eyes so he sat them on a bucket to perch fish for the same price. A real guide would have called and canceled but not him. Money money money for him

Defend him anyway you want bud but the locals here on the island knows he is a joke . He has the least respected service of any guide on the Island .

Dale