Perch Tournament Perch Tournament Perch Tournament Perch Tournament
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch Tournament

Anybody going out this Saturday for the Spot n Spams perch derby? We will be headed out around 6am and seeking any tips for the jumbos! Plan to start off near the old dumping grounds off Luna Pier, as fishing was pretty good there last Sunday.

Going to bring the white rice and crushed egg shells to see if it helps. If anyone has any hot spots or tips Id love to hear. Also if your headed out lets connect on the radio, channel 79. My call is Logged Out, feel free to connect.

Tight lines to all and coolers full of Lake Erie's bounty!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a group of us doing the derby from harrison marina. We will be fishing Ohio water. Wish I had better reports for our end of the lake. We were out last weekend and did very poor. 1 boat had 10 that was the most i seen. Not sure where to start yet.

Post Thanks / Like

We are heading out of Lost Peninsula at 6am and heading into Michigan waters to start. Also heard decent reports in near Turtle Island as well. Going to be on Channel 79 if you want to reach out on Saturday. Good Luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

leaving harrison at 6am. were using 68. boat name is mud paws. i will give you a shout out

Post Thanks / Like

We nailed the jumbos on Saturday. 4 man ticket and 32.8 lbs at the cleaners. Hated that we limited out, the last hour was on fire. All four of us pulling up doubles every time we dropped the line.

We had our best results about 2 miles north east of Mcdonalds. Large pack of boats but nobody seemed to do as well as us. We did use the white rice and I think it made a big difference. Largest took 6th place in the tournament measuring 12.625".

Should be getting back out on Friday!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile a little more infromation

Ok you did good with the rice, now a little more infromatin is needed, 2 miles northeast of green and white, towards red and white or west sister, )tip of gravel pits) spreaders, crappie rigs, single hook, etc. what depth. SEASON ALMOST OVER let all have some fun.

Post Thanks / Like

we were in the same area but closer to sputnik. 65 fish biggest was 11 inches not big enough to win any money. gold spreaders on the bottom. the perch dinner was great back at the bait shop. had a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    Ok you did good with the rice, now a little more infromatin is needed, 2 miles northeast of green and white, towards red and white or west sister, )tip of gravel pits) spreaders, crappie rigs, single hook, etc. what depth. SEASON ALMOST OVER let all have some fun.
    Hey Wayne, yes we used the white rice and Im telling you we had more fish on our boat than the guys fishing 15 feet away from us. It was soo fun, we were dissappointed when we only pulled up 1 12" perch instead of 2 jumbos. We fished spreaders with green bling, red hooks and tipped with shiners. The depth was about 23.5' and the water temperature around 64 degrees if I remember correctly. We were definitely not near the gravel pits, we were North of McDonalds about 1/3 of the way between that and the mouth of the Raisin River bouys. It was still Ohio water but if we looked due East we were nearly lined up with Luna Pier.

Im heading that way in the morning again and will report back. If anyone is out, give me a shout on Channel 79 "Logged Out"...

Tight Lines all!