Awesome Extended Forecast for Lake Erie Awesome Extended Forecast for Lake Erie Awesome Extended Forecast for Lake Erie Awesome Extended Forecast for Lake Erie
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Awesome Extended Forecast for Lake Erie

Happy Happy Happy Monday Morning Captains!

The weather forecast for this week is looking great!
    Winds are forecast to be less than 10 knots most days and less that 5 knots most of the time.
    Turbidity should improve all week outside of the algae bloom affected areas in the Western Basin of Lake Erie. (Algae will likely continue to be a nuisance untill the next blow)

Perch fishing should start to improve each day as the moon gets along in its current waning phase.
    On Saturday the Moon will be rising at 1:11 am (NOT SO GOOD). The moon will set at 3:43 PM (Better)
    Minnows should be catchable all week as the moon will not be directly overhead during prime netting hours.
    Barometric pressure has been on the rise for 4 days.
    We should see the barometric pressure fall as a front approaches on Saturday making for ideal fishing conditions.
    Sunday will be less than favorable as rain showers are forecast. (This could go either wayas we are 6 days away)

Be safe.

I hope this helps!
    All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at the forecast also.. I wanted to go up a few days ago and didn't get to. But bags are packed again and hope to be going out of Magee tomorrow evening for the next several days...knock on wood..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyedrooster View Post
    Happy Happy Happy Monday Morning Captains!

The weather forecast for this week is looking great!
    Winds are forecast to be less than 10 knots most days and less that 5 knots most of the time.
    Turbidity should improve all week outside of the algae bloom affected areas in the Western Basin of Lake Erie. (Algae will likely continue to be a nuisance untill the next blow)

Perch fishing should start to improve each day as the moon gets along in its current waning phase.
    On Saturday the Moon will be rising at 1:11 am (NOT SO GOOD). The moon will set at 3:43 PM (Better)
    Minnows should be catchable all week as the moon will not be directly overhead during prime netting hours.
    Barometric pressure has been on the rise for 4 days.
    We should see the barometric pressure fall as a front approaches on Saturday making for ideal fishing conditions.
    Sunday will be less than favorable as rain showers are forecast. (This could go either wayas we are 6 days away)

Be safe.

I hope this helps!
    Thanks! Captain Dave
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update

FOR WATERS BEYOND FIVE NAUTICAL MILES OF SHORE ON LAKE ERIE

.SYNOPSIS...HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.10 INCHES WILL REMAIN NEARLY
    STATIONARY OVER THE EASTERN GREAT LAKES REGION THROUGH
    FRIDAY...BEFORE SHIFTING TO THE EAST COAST OVER THE WEEKEND. A
    COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS LAKE ERIE LATE SUNDAY.

The Barometer will be dropping all day on Saturday. Winds will be 10Knots or less out of the South starting at around 2AM.

If you have little ones or older folks who have not been on the lake fishing for perch this year, it is looking pretty good.

It will be a bit cold in the mornig, but will be up to around 80 and sunny all day.

Good luck everyone... Let's make it one to remember!
    Last edited by Redeyedrooster; 09-25-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perching/satellite photos?

My wave forecast is predicting 1-3 footers friday and also the lake erie current satellite photos haven't updated since 9-22? anyone know why? I use those to determine whether I'm going to colechester or staying in US waters.

I am currently going through withdrawls as I haven't been out fishing for about 2 1/2 weeks as work commitments have kept me away and I have to go to Nashville sat morning.

Red eye I hope it is as good as we both hope on fri. it would be nice to have controlled chaos on the boat again for a short time

Trolling fool

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wed lake conditions?

Wed afternoon the limnotech buoy site west of W Sister looks like it is rolling pretty well out there. Anyone out? Hoping to go out Thurs. Forecast looks not too bad....but they always underestimate waves on those damn NE winds...... And the Tues perch reports didn't look great either? Time for them to turn on.....

Post Thanks / Like

Don't waste ur time.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out wed morning. Made it to b can. Water is very stained. I came in after an hour of getting beat up. Came in with few perch. To sum it up lake Erie was rolling and water is stained.

Post Thanks / Like

Agee with that. We came in with none and pulled boat for year

Post Thanks / Like

Default broken record

Quote Originally Posted by 3labs View Post
    I was out wed morning. Made it to b can. Water is very stained. I came in after an hour of getting beat up. Came in with few perch. To sum it up lake Erie was rolling and water is stained.
    Story of my season this year. Get some free time, NE winds come..... Get a decent forecast, plan to go, it changes and NE winds come..... Not into getting beat up, especially with such few good reports. Probably will call it tomorrow....