Churches Inline planers / Tru-trips Churches Inline planers / Tru-trips Churches Inline planers / Tru-trips Churches Inline planers / Tru-trips
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Churches Inline planers / Tru-trips

Has anyone trolled 30/40-trutrips behind churches walleye or Tx-22 boards ??

I cant decided which ones to order. Just curious as to how they pulled with the tru-trips. I know the walleye ones are a little bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firetiger View Post
    Has anyone trolled 30/40-trutrips behind churches walleye or Tx-22 boards ??

I cant decided which ones to order. Just curious as to how they pulled with the tru-trips. I know the walleye ones are a little bigger.
    This is a very good question and one that deserves a lot of attention. I prefer the TX-22 myself but do run the walleye boards when I need an extra board or 2.

Just to clear up a question that keeps popping up about Tru-Trip 40 deep divers and small boards. I pull them behind Church Tackle TX-22 in-line boards and have had no issues with them! I also pull them behind the walleye boards with no issues. I have also ran them behind the TX-44 Church boards which would handle the Tru-Trip 50's with ease, but you need a dipsy type rod to handle the hard pulling TX-44's and they are much harder to read than the TX-22 boards.

I fish Harnesses, spoons and the J7 Rapala's behind the TX-22 boards and Tru-Trip 40's at GPS speeds up to 2.5 mph (ground speed). I do think Tru-Trip 40's pull harder than a Jet 40 but there is also at least 2 benefits to that.

They have a steeper dive curve (more depth sooner with shorter leads) and also the Tru-Trips makes the board squat in the rear some, enough that you can see it from the boat but does not interfere with the boards operation! The benefit to this squatting is that when a fish trips the diver the board will start pulling in a more level position making it easier to read the boards and determine if the diver has been tripped, once tripped the diver has to be reset small fish dragging along or not.

Here is a thread discussing and addressing some of your questions.

http://community.walleye.com/showthread.php?t=6792
    Last edited by wakina; 09-16-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

I have run Church Walleye boards pulling 30-40-50 Jet Divers and 50 TT with Junior Thundersticks or harnesses with no problems up to 2.3 mph in 3' waves. My program is to run 2 on each side aligned in tandom about 10 feet apart. If anything is picked up you will notice it right away. I run the outside boards out about 100' and the inside ones about 80'-85' so they line up with the boat. How far back you run the divers is decided by the fish, usually 90'-160'. Hope that helps you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Im just gonna pull cranks with 1 oz snap weights and tru-trips with spoons. So I was kind of leaning towards the walleye boards since they were a little bigger.