Perch Bite - Western Basin Perch Bite - Western Basin Perch Bite - Western Basin Perch Bite - Western Basin
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch Bite - Western Basin

Hi all,

I am heading out tonight around 6:30pm out of Lost Peninsula Marina (Erie, MI). We are looking for perch and am hopeful any of you will have some relevant information. The last 3 times out it has been very slow... I have tried the Turn Around Buoy, Gravel Pits (NE of Water Intake), Buoy 17 off the shipping channel and all around the Toledo Harbor Light... Earlier in the year we were getting limits within 4 hours no problem at any of these locations but the last 2 weeks the fishing has been horrible for us.

Any hot spots or leads would be appreciated very much. My freezer is now empty and need a strong couple of months to stock up!

Please help!

-Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Smile perch

Check your private messages.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you good sir!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know too where we can get perch. Brother is here from Florida and would love to make it worth his while to buy a fishing license for just one day! Coming up Saturday to go out. We have not had much luck this season yet either and tired of spending the gas money and nothing to show for it Come out of Marblehead area so if there is anywhere close around there that would be great to know! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

luvfishin,

I will be heading out of Mazurik around 9am on Friday. I have a few ideas of where I may find the perch at, but all involve heading east of Kelleys Island. I have five new spots marked in the GPS and plan to try atleast those five and keeping an eye between spots to see if I mark them. If you are going on Friday and you have a VHF radio in your boat, hit me up on 79 during the day and if I am on them, I will let you know.

B-can-man in the Sunny Daze on 79

Hope to see you out there!
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a good perch bite, about 3 miles east, north east of the bumping grounds north of cedar point. Nice size also. Been there for a week or so now. This is a big school of perch. May have to make a move or two but they are there. Look for the pack of boats. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SPOONFEEDER View Post
    There is a good perch bite, about 3 miles east, north east of the bumping grounds north of cedar point. Nice size also. Been there for a week or so now. This is a big school of perch. May have to make a move or two but they are there. Look for the pack of boats. Hope this helps.
    Thanks spoonfeeder! That pretty much confirms what I had in my new gps marks. Although, most of my marks are more northeast than east of the dumping grounds. Two weeks ago we found the pack around the 41.35 82.35 line intersect. Are you saying that they are now more south than that?
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for late reply. The perch are all over out there. North east and east on grounds. I have been little north and east of grounds. Here are numbers were we have been getting them.41_33.852
    82_35.365

Post Thanks / Like

Tough day for us a couple miles north of the intake. Fished from 7-11:30 only 60 perch but we did catch some hogs! Our 60 went for 22lbs we had 5 over 11" and 3 at 12" and a lot of 10"s. Be back at it in the morning but going to try another spot good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

NO GPS on my boat but I would like to get to the "dumping grounds" where the perch are. Can you see pack of boats if I am at Kelleys Island Airport Reef on East side? Or any advice to get close enough to see pack of boats?