Asian Carp and other matters! Asian Carp and other matters! Asian Carp and other matters! Asian Carp and other matters!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Asian Carp and other matters!

I am posting this here as this forum (Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS) generates the most traffic.

I do not think this is a place for political views to be aired and this post is not in any way meant to stir the political pot! But news is news and this sounds really important to me and should be to all of us who love our Great Lakes no matter which Great Lake we use or which political party we choose to affiliate with. So with that being said I most humbly ask for your tolerance in this matter. Here is a link that should make all of us concerned. It is from the Associated Press and time date stamped 8:22 a.m. EDT, July 24, 2013.

This is the corrected link: http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-...-lakes-program

This is the original link: http://www.petoskeynews.com/news/fea...0,913415.story
    Last edited by wakina; 07-24-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Post the correct link
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope they get the funding they need. I see it as an investment that will save jobs, which in turn will help maintain a tax base. I know there are some who don't see it that way and won't see the consequence until it is too late.

The problem is everyone wants to balance the budget and this is what we can expect when the knife cuts.......sometimes it is to the bone and sometimes you bleed to death.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the Post

Cause for concern in my book too. Wakina, No need to apologize for posting this. It is news and it is what it is - penny wise and pound foolish. It is going to take research, education, and funding to implement the solutions needed to turn the algae problem around. The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provides that. The Great Lakes State have 20% of all the fresh water in all the world at our backdoor, and we can't afford to take care of this National Treasure? What the rest of the world wouldn't give to have this water! And just in Ohio, just our one lake is worth $10.5 Billion in economic activity from tourism!