In need of help In need of help In need of help In need of help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In need of help

Post Thanks / Like

Default In need of help

Hi I would like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Junior and I've recently moved here from California. I have my boat docked at Menikes marina and have been struggling to catch walleye. I've trolled east of the water treatment a few times with spinners about 150 feet back with an half oz weight at 1.9-2.3 mph, Not had much luck.I tried using planner boards but its just been a mess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, what do you mean spinners? Rooster tails ect? Try a worm harness and a 2 oz. 50'-60' shorter leads are easier to control in a turn and should follow fine on in line boards, if that is what you were trying.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I've been using worm harnesses. Do you have to find the walleye or are they pretty spread out throughout the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

are inline boards planner boards? Ive used planner boards attached directly to my line.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes in line boards attach to your line and must be removed everytime you reel in. As far as the walleye go they are all over the western basin just more concentrated in some spots and that is always changing. Check this board, people are always posting the general location of the hot spot for the day.

Post Thanks / Like

We use worm harnesses (willow blades r hotter than colorados this year, who knows why) with a 2 oz inline weight (or a snap weight) about six feet ahead of the harness. We fish a six rod spread, and vary the amount of line out past the planer board in five foot increments from 35 feet back to 60 foot, depending on the day.

Try NW of West Sister Island just about due north out of Meinke's, we picked up a quick limit out there last Friday in a BIG pack of boats, heard it was still good out there through the weekend.

This board is a wealth of information.

One more thing, why move HERE from California?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walk on Charters

If I were new at the game, I would take a walk on charter this weekend!
    You will learn so much from them.

It is 100 bucks for walk-ons in most cases. Well worth it....!

Skipper9 and a few others are advertising for this wekeend.

Many of the charters are going to be running Big boards and divers.
    You could ask the captains what they are running if you would rather see in-line boards in action.
    All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Also at meinke's

Wife and I have a trailer out there and are there almost every weekend,If you P.M. me your number I'd be more than happy to hook-up with you try to help you out. Been fishing the Western Basin along time.

P.S. Is that your sweet North River in the floating dock area?
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Trolling help

Just hop aboard this week end with reel sport were at mienkes
    and will teach you every thing you need to know in one trip, were running walk ons sat and sunday, we will show you all about the big boards, jets. and what lures to use, we save you a ton of time and money down the road. Call Capt Mike Reel Sport charters 419 265 2736, we love running 101 classes.

Post Thanks / Like

get on capt mikes boat asap.
    He and wayne will take good care of u.
    I am also at meinkes b 82.
    Stop by anytime.