In need of help In need of help In need of help In need of help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In need of help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rich, shoot me a PM .

I'm free on Sat. and if you want we can go out in your rig and troll. 30 years of knowledge here and best of all its FREE. LOVE spinner fishing with the inline boards and are catching limits with no problems . Also there are guys that charter out there that fish like you with the inline boards. Find one of the
    hat fish like you do and you will learn the most.
    Good Fishing

Non Pack Hunter !!!
    Last edited by fishhead315; 07-23-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Post Thanks / Like

Default ditto that

I am also at Meinke. Troy1976 and the guys at reelsport have helped me a number of times. They are friendly and know their stuff, always willing to help.. Hoping to rip some lip this weekend myself!!!

Doug@B-85

Post Thanks / Like

Throttles down yes that is my fish less north river lol l. Thanks everybody for your help ill be going out this Thursday. I would like to chat on the radio and wouldn't mind if you joined me and my buddy. And at Brian I moved here because of family and the world class walleye fishery. PS I'm always willing to have fishing buddy's join me on my boat if interested I'm at floating doc 18 or 16 I forgot but I have a aluminum north river with my name on the side in green trim "JR" if u like give me a text or call 419-450-8614. Once again I'm grateful for the outpouring of help and knowledge glad I join this board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    are inline boards planner boards? Ive used planner boards attached directly to my line.
    if you have any problems running inline boards I can get a tournament guy or two to help you. 614.327.7144.

Post Thanks / Like

Default inline boards

Are a choice of many in smaller boats . Checkout Ohio game fishing and do a search for inline boards . You will be amazed at all the info on there on the subject . Once you get a feeling for them , they are very easy to learn and run . There are also a lot of guys on there that fish the areas near Oregon Ohio that will helpout with spots and programs without telling you to pay for a trip with someone who is not even running the same boards . If you want to learn big boards yes it would be worth it . But to do a trip to learn and they are not even using what you plan on using does nothing for you bud .

The area that most are fishing now is NW of West Sister to the Turn around bouy . No secret spot there as there were over 400 boats in that area each day of the weekend. Once you learn the spots , the fishing will be easy as they are catching them on anything and everything out there from Spoons, harnesses, and casting .Butch and Dennys is a very good source of help with daily reports and free coffee in the morning .

Learning Charters help if hey are geared to fish like you are . Yes there are Captains out there that would switch over to small boards if you ask and others who wont .

Good Fishing

Non Pack Hunter !!!

PS Also Checkout the WBSA website as its a great group of guys that love to help and they run 4 very well run Tournaments a year on the lake also ..
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Post Thanks / Like

My father and I tried planer boards (inlines) for the first time a month ago. It is pretty easy to figure them out. Tattle flags helped a lot, and by the end of the second day I was pretty adept at knowing when they had been hit.

They're very straight forward. Just make sure if you're using tattle flags to leave enough slack between the two clips to allow the flag to work. Thanks to the good folks on here, we never made that mistake. But I could see where it would have been easy to overlook to someone new. Also, I'd recommend Church "The Walleye" boards. I know a lot of guys on here prefer other brands, but I really like the pin on the back of the board, it kept us from having to circle back for a board a few times.

I'll try to dig up a few videos to post on here when I get home. Can't get on Youtube at work. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fish head and hoyet man ill be out there tomorrow am I'm going to make a run now to bass pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Default tt

Guys im not a troller but one day i plan to be their. Can you troll TT divers with a planner board or do they pull to much if they pull to much i assume inline weights are the way to go?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eriecaster View Post
    Guys im not a troller but one day i plan to be their. Can you troll TT divers with a planner board or do they pull to much if they pull to much i assume inline weights are the way to go?
    When I am able to fish, that is my program! TT 40's behind Church Tackle TX-22 inline boards with either worm harness's, spoon harness's or spoons. Does the TT 40's change how my boards pull? Answer is yes they do! They make them squat in the rear while in the fish finding mode (set) but once they are tripped the boards come up in the rear and run level. That is fine with me as it makes them much easier to read! I do not run them with the tattle tail flags as I feel that I do not need them and the tattle tail flags make it just a tad bit harder to reset the lines, I am also the impatient kind of guy when the bite is hot. I settled on the TX-22 boards over the Walleye Boards only because they set upright in the water when at rest or if they would happen to come off due to not being installed properly.

I also run TT 40's behind the Church Tackle Walleye Boards when I need an extra set of boards out. When in the spread of mixed boards all of the boards form that nice V off of both corners of the boat. I also have and occasionally use a set of the Church Tackle TX-44 Boards, I improvised a stock set of the tattle tail flags for them as they pull so hard it makes them next to impossible to read when you have a small fish on, I believe that they now offer the TT flags for the TX-44 boards. I do not recommend using TX-44's unless you are using them with rods capable of handling a dipsey diver because of how hard they pull.

Remember on calm flat days (waves 1 ft. or less) run your boards further from the boat. example would be 80, 60, 40 then maybe off of the corners on rougher days you can usually run them closer, example would be 60, 40, 20 then off of the corners.

Trying to compare a inline weight, jet diver or TT 40 behind the inline boards would be like comparing apples to oranges as any of the three methods would make the board run at a different angle. It would be similar to a truck running down the highway with no trailer, a small 2 wheel trailer or pulling your boat and trailer each situation produces different results. The end result is that the truck gets the job done under all 3 scenarios and so do the in line boards with the 3 different types of lure presentation.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

hey doug i on vacation next 2 wknds.
    Keep an eye on the old girl.
    Thanks. If things go good i will drop off some halibut steaks when i get back.
    Then b ready 4 some yellow bellies!