June 27, 28, 29 June 27, 28, 29 June 27, 28, 29 June 27, 28, 29
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: June 27, 28, 29

Post Thanks / Like

Default June 27, 28, 29

I was fortunate enough to be involved in a Wounded Warrior event and had soldiers on the boat all 3 days. Thursday we fished NE of KI Shoal. The trash was so heavy it took 2 hours to get just 10 rods out and by the time they all hit the holders three were loaded up again. We diodn't pick a limit but had some nice sized fish. Friday I worked a lead from Skipper 9 East of West Sister. 50 back on a 40 TT with colorado's, willows, worm burners, and stingers all worked. We finished before the storms roared in. Saturday we took a short ride and fished East of the monument and picked our fish with TT 27 back with harnesses and worm burners.

I owe Skipper 9 a big thanks for keeping us on fish!

I can't believe all the 15" fish out there. All three days we had many throw backs and many that just made it. Sure looks like it was a poor spawn two years ago lol.

You just can't imagine what some of these men and women have been through. It was quite an honor for Dad and I just to be able to give back a little bit for what they've done for us. In total, we had just over 30 wounded soldiers on, I believe, around 20 boats. They had set a goal to to take 200 pounds of fillets back to Kentucky with them. We filled that the first day. They had to buy more coolers and after 3 days of fishing they boated over 640 walleyes. Thanks to all those that put the event on!

I'm heading back to the lake this afternoon and staying through Saturday night or Sunday. I think we'll relax a little more this week, but still plan on chasing some eyes.

Greg
    Last edited by walleye2go; 07-02-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Greg;

Its guys like you that make a huge impact on people.

You guys are great

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice job Greg Thanks for taking care of our Heroes.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome Greg. Man I wish I was headed back for a week. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Sat 29th

Thanks Greg and Skippy 9 for the input, as some more of you heard we were having a very slow day for a change. Was at 30 fb w 11 eyes- Jim and Greg were wacking them. I CALLED them and asked- PLEASE tell me WTF I'm doing wrong, we all were in same 3 mile area.....My mate had the leads off 2' and that made a hell of final cooler day difference. I figured it out when I went back, took off 8 of 14 dragger white bass, set my bands at 27' fb and it was on finally.

Thanks again to skippy 9 and walleye to go
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

Post Thanks / Like

Great job. Glad to hear they had a great time, they've more than earned it.

Keep up the good work, and if you ever need a hand in something like that in the future, post it on here. I'd love to help with something like that, even if it's only buying you a tank of gas for one of the days.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Greg im sure they really app. going fishing. Wish i could of went with you to help but was fishing sea trout and sharks in georgia. Im back and ready to go this weekend.
    Ron i got a new auto pilot for your boat, only cost 5 dollars, this one has a little strech to it. That was the funnest fishing trip i had all year. Wish i could explain but better not. Its nothing but fun on the Somthing fishy.

Post Thanks / Like

Say what ya want? But those 15+"ers are mighty tasty. Not much of a fight but champion table fare for locals. I'll take 6 a head and be happy. We throw all 24" ers or more back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you, Greg

As a vet, I'd like to say thanks for taking the time to take some vets fishing.

Mike