Any ideas for tomorrow (June 5th) Any ideas for tomorrow (June 5th) Any ideas for tomorrow (June 5th) Any ideas for tomorrow (June 5th)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any ideas for tomorrow (June 5th)

Looking to go out tomorrow. First time this year. Any ideas on some possible perch spots. Normally go out of Reno Beach or Catawba. Looking for perch but not opposed to casting for walleyes. Was there ever a channel that was agreed upon for walleye.com members? Finally got a marine radio on the boat. Will keep you posted. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you.

Channel 79 is the "official channel of walleye.com"

Post Thanks / Like

Default starting point.

NE of the reefs has been good. there are a few reefs with 20-24 ft of water around them taking fish. The 1st and 2nd shelf towards west sister producing well also. B can been OK for Perch and should be some just north of the island.
    Sounds like lite winds thru Monday so should be another good week.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

B can again today. 80 to 100 yards north of can. 90 nice perch. 0630 to 1030. Last 5 trips fished same spot, 5 limits. Bonus walleye on perch rig'

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Didn't go well

Well at least I can say I made it out on the water, not out of the marina, but out on the water. WARNING - If you have dual batteries, make sure you wire them both positive to positive and negative to negative. Otherwise you run 24 volts through your electrical system and a fire will result. It was just a small fire on the alternator but a fire none the less. The result... Fried alternator, hydrolic pump for outdrive, distributor cap, starter and who know what else. Oh, and a busted knee from falling on the slippery rocks trying to keep the boat from running on to the chuck rock. Expensive mistake that I won't say which member of my family made... but lets just say my mother will not be happy!!!...Ended up bring the boat to my house, picking up my daughter and we all went out to a local pond and only caught like four little blue gill. Oh well we still caught something. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. We have all made those kind of mistakes. Had a boss that use to say if your not screwing up everyonce awhile then your not doing anything.
    Last edited by Panfisher1402; 06-05-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default dedicated fishermen

Had a friend who purchased a used boat he asked me to do some minor repairs to it, on this boat The tilt system moved the whole v8 engine up and down to angle the out drive for trim. Now the previous owner had run the positive cable under the tilt mechanism to connect to the aux. battery, while I was working on the engine I had to lower the engine to the full down position , we went out the next morning the motor started up fine But then as we were leaving the channel for open water the cable had shorted out .
    thick white smoke came bellowing from the engine compartment and with in minutes the lake patrol came to offer assistance while I was under the engine box cutting the cable to the aux battery My buddy Jim was trying to keep the harbor patrol from towing us in assuring them that every thing would be ok, mean while my cell phone started to ring, another buddy had seen the smoke and with his binoculars recognized us and was about to call for additional help . being some very determined fishermen we were not going to let a little electrical fire short out the weekend . So after switching some cables we started up the motor and headed out to fish I can still see the puzzled looks on the patrol officers faces when we did not head back to shore. it pays to have a few tools onboard and some black tape !