Tomorrow Morning - 5/10 Tomorrow Morning - 5/10 Tomorrow Morning - 5/10 Tomorrow Morning - 5/10
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tomorrow Morning - 5/10

Hi guys,

My brother and I are considering going out very early tomorrow morning, like leaving the dock at 4:30am. I keep my boat at Lost Peninsula marina in the western end of the bay and am hoping somebody can give us some great advice or maybe even a coordinate for the walleye. We will be drifting and casting since my boat is a cruiser, not really setup to troll. We plan on using jigs tipped with large minnows, but maybe we should switch to some Erie Deeries with worms or nuggets?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated, we only have a few hours to fish before work and are hoping to at least get a couple in the box.

Thanks in advance guys!

-Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Better check the weather, looks like thunderstorms!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

tony, read my reply to weekend report/ Maumee bay. I fished all day yesterday and found no walleye. Hope someone that fishes the bay regularly can tell you where some fish are. Sounds like Ohio waters is the place to be. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian425 View Post
    Better check the weather, looks like thunderstorms!
    Definitely keeping an eye on the weather, Im not too concerned with the waves or wind; just the lightning. I have a 34' boat, been in some big waves plenty of times but I dont want to mess with lightning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toms1arrow View Post
    tony, read my reply to weekend report/ Maumee bay. I fished all day yesterday and found no walleye. Hope someone that fishes the bay regularly can tell you where some fish are. Sounds like Ohio waters is the place to be. Good Luck.
    Same thing for us this past Saturday. We were all over the place East of Turtle Island before the harbor light. We marked some fish but came up empty besides some junk white perch. Im hoping to get some in the freezer before they move out into deeper water, I dont mind the drive out to West Sister but my wallet sure does

Let me know if you hear anything please. Im considering heading out near the Water Intake or Crane Creek area instead of staying in the bay.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be on the water in the morning as well. The rain doesn't bother me or the waves. The storms aren't nothing to chance though. It looks like the storms are hitting early morning after midnight. Rain follows till around 11. At least the winds are shifting to the sw-w. That's a good sound to the start of the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Whereabouts are you headed tbiser and what time?

Post Thanks / Like

We will put in at Marblehead at first light. We stop for bait at the peninsula. We will stay out on Put in bay and fish between the islands