Crane Creek to Bessie Crane Creek to Bessie Crane Creek to Bessie Crane Creek to Bessie
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crane Creek to Bessie

I'm getting lots of good reports of limits from Crane Creek to Davis Bessie using hair jigs (mostly purple, but also green) in 8-12 FOW. Sounds like it is on, just need the weather to cooperate.

John

Post Thanks / Like

That's the story oft life. Planning on coming up this weekend. Weather forecast is turning to crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Yesterday

Got our 12 fish in 3 hrs or so...12 ftw purple...john deer green too...it was bumpy at first then the wind let up..still saw 2-4 ft waves..the water in t c was about 3.6 on average..out at the mouth i saw 2.7...not sure what a south wind would do...thank god we are getting rain...we need 14 inch of the stuff to get it up to normal...as soon as i can get out i am gone..lets see what the weather brings next

makingpayments...ch 71 russ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    That's the story oft life. Planning on coming up this weekend. Weather forecast is turning to crap.
    Yep, my boat is to be ready for me on Friday and was hoping to get it in. But the 20 and 30 knot winds in the forecast Fri and Sat don't look good! Story of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The shallows

Over last weekend, the fishing was very good. Sunday we cut the day short as the high west winds but still brought in half a limit for the guys. Limits and very near limits friday and saturday and Monday and tuesday was fast limits in the morning. Big shiners did the best trick and the color didnt matter too much. We found walleye from 8 ft out to 21 ft over a few mile stretch out from our marina. We are runing out of Wild Wings for a few weeks until the dregding is complete at the Turlte Creek entrance for Fenwick Marina. Call for available fishing dates and lodging.
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 04-12-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear everyone catching fish ... with work i've become a weekend warrior and this weather is killing me ... anyone have any advice on fishing the churned up water. I'd like to get out Sunday but I'm sure the waters going to be chocolate milk ...
    Luke

Post Thanks / Like

Default stained water

The fish should still be doing the same thing as before. The cold front will prob slow the bite some but Sunday weather looks Ok, so hope they want to eat. It just takes some time to figure out what and how they want it. Some sunshine would be good also. Live shiner and a color jig they can see. Find some clean water if possible.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]