Keep that net! Keep that net! Keep that net! Keep that net!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Keep that net!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keep that net!

A little best practice here. Tape a foam collar on handle below net. Approx 12" of foam. Wah la. The net floats if it falls in water.

Post Thanks / Like

good advice but a little late as I found out my 80 dollar frabil didnt float, I'm going to the garage right now to fix my new one with foam!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default net saftey

Ya....the foam is the perfect fix, I get a so called "swimming pool noodle" from ODD LOTS or WALMART. It is the perfect inside diameter to slide down the net.
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help boys. Not my idea. Lost a few myself in rough seas. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default floats

Ya, I thought of that also. I put foam floats on my net a few years ago. I just never did a float test. There is a brand that has a floating handle, but I am sure it has a high price tag for the option. I put a leash on each of my dipsey rods so they dont end up on the bottom. Lost one a couple years ago that didnt get tied. Use about a 3ft piece of cord and a metal snap clip like used for keys on a belt, then tie off to the side rail. I guess I need to float test my net in a pool. How about spray foam into the handle ?
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
    Ya, I thought of that also. I put foam floats on my net a few years ago. I just never did a float test. There is a brand that has a floating handle, but I am sure it has a high price tag for the option. I put a leash on each of my dipsey rods so they dont end up on the bottom. Lost one a couple years ago that didnt get tied. Use about a 3ft piece of cord and a metal snap clip like used for keys on a belt, then tie off to the side rail. I guess I need to float test my net in a pool. How about spray foam into the handle ?
    i think the net you are talking about floating is the ego s2 slider. it doesnt just float but seems to be an awesome net. they came out with a net big enough to land the big walleyes this year. it has a 24x27 net and with the push of a button you can adjust the handle from 29" to 60".

they also make a handle that goes from 48" to 108" but its not recommended for lifting a big fish fully entended. so i contacted them and waved my warrenty to get one with the longer handle. but the 60" handle is long enough for most people. but the handle retracts with the push of a button then just push forward on the back of the handle. so i plan to use mine to net the fish then retract the handle before lifting the fish.

i havent got to use mine on the water yet but it works great here in my bedroom,LOL. i see no reason it wont work on the water. and the rubber on the handle doesnt just make it float but gives you a good grip.

i believe the one with the 29" to 60" handle and the 24x27 net is like 109.00 and 10.00 for shipping. but if you ever plan to use a retractable net i think this is the one to get. i like it much better than the frabill tru trax. but thats just my opinion. you can check them out at egos2slider.com they have many models to choose from. but for eyes on erie i recommend the 24x27 net.
    sherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default floating net

I stuff my fishing net handle with noodle and my net now floats. better then haveing the noodle on the outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, thats the one. The ad I saw, the guy in a boat just threw the net in the lake. Looks easy to use also.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sherman about the ego s2 slider. I can't get over how smooth it extends and retracts. Hope it holds up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slider net

I have the net also and it works great!! Rubber net keeps the hooks from gettin stuck and the slide handle makes it nice so u can reach the fish that just don't want to get in thd boat, but will also fit out of the way so u rnt trippin over a 8' net handle! Also from experience DO NOT lift fish in the boat or up through thd water with the handle extended fully. It will go from a smooth slider to a impossible slider. The net can be fixed easy enough by puttin pressure in the opposite direction as to bend the handle back to straight. The best thing to do is get the fish in the net and PULL the fish towards the boat and once thd handle is retracted all the way then lift! I don't kno if its necessary but once in a while we spray thd slideing parts with WD 40.... And yes it does float... After we bought my dad says a floating net huh? Well let's see if it does and sure enough he threw it overboard ... And yes it floated
    I bought ours on amazon.com for $85.00 free shipping ! Not sure if its still same price but look into it! Better than $120....
    Can't wait to see you all on thd water!!