Crazy,  I'm talking crazy Crazy,  I'm talking crazy Crazy,  I'm talking crazy Crazy,  I'm talking crazy
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default bull

I doubt that, and you being a captain does'nt sound likely either every captain i know has common sense and friends from your comments it does'nt sound like thats your strong suit. jigs not doin anything wrong having his wife transport legally taken fish home Jig go get em I hope you limit out every day to make up for us guys that can't be there all the time and we still need you're fishin reports so don't let all that catchin and cleanin get in the way

Post Thanks / Like

I was always under the impression if the captain wanted to give his "legal" fish away he could as long as he did not charge for them. Donation of sorts. Just like giving deer to the hungry in the fall. If you were pulled over you had to have all the persons information.

Post Thanks / Like

Default no sore spot

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenbeam View Post
    Boy I must have hit a sore spot with some of those charter captains in the west. Old saying THE TRUTH HURTS. I dont need a confrontation just saying the truth. Im a captain also AND ABIDE by the rules. ZDo you give your customers your catch also, that is a violation of Ohio Laws. JUST TELLIN THE TRUTH
    We can as captains ans also anybody else. We can and do give our fish away if we want to. All the recipient needs is the name of whos fish they are on a pc of paper with name and phone number of who caught them. Never had and issue with this and never will. Some people worry too much, just dont lie to the game warden, and take home your catch. The ones who double dip and try to hide fish and make themselves noticed may get caught and I hope they do.I take my fish somedays and somedays I give it to the customers. A couple years ago the DNR busted penty of people, several from out of state and some of that started a windfall of the fish cleaning and skin on, dont do this that made started making it a hassle for the rest of us. There was a guy that came into my marina on his 3rd trip out that same day and turned in his fish to the fish cleaners. The fish house guy call the law. BUSTED. I would fish everyday and take a limit everyday that I wanted to, just too bad I have to work a real job instead of doing the job I love. TIME TO GO FISHING !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crazy

Greg, your the only one that has a GOOD answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down limit

So what is the name of your buss..or name of boat...or where the hell you live...since your are a cap..you think you would want to get your name out there so you would get some free add....or that you are afraid whith that statement you will loose cust..
    Last edited by RUSS; 03-11-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question for the real captains on here. If I take friends out fishing and they leave while i'm cleaning fish, over my possesion limit can I be cited. This happens rarely, but if we have 3 guys fishing someone has to leave and I get stopped cleaning 12 fish by myself I get a little worried. I never over bag or double dip but this makes me nervous sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

As everyone knows Reel Sport Charters is a captain, there is nothing wrong if he wants to go out fishing 7 days a week. I will be fishing 7 days a week this spring there is nothing wrong if he wants to fish everyday. A lot of people only fish for there walleyes in the spring time and then there done for the year. As long as he is going to eat the fish i could care less , also a lot of people stock there freezer up till the end of the year, and have a big fish fry. I am one of them guys that at the end of the year we have a big fish fry. are you going to say i am in the wrong now too.
    Reel Sport Charters LLC.
    Capt. Michael Johnson
    419 265 2736

Post Thanks / Like

Green WhoreNet,

There are no possession limits for fish, only daily bag limits. If you posess fish someone else caught, you need to be able to identify them and provide their contact info. I would recommend you have a note with their name and contact info, the date they caught the fish, and how many fish they gave you.

Daily bag limits are how many fish of a given type and size you are allowed to catch in a day. Possession limits are how many you are allowed to have (including in the freezer). Some things, like waterfowl have both types of limits. In Ohio, there are only daily bag limits on fish.

Where people get into trouble is keeping more fish than they are allowed in a day. Sometimes they make multiple trips, which is still illegal. The other thing that gets some in trouble is confusing possession limit with bag limit. Just because you give your fish away, doesn't mean you can go out and catch more that day.

Post Thanks / Like

With my group of buddies over bagging is rarely an issue, but thanks for the info. I was thinking it was more like waterfowl with possession limit. Look forward to getting back out there and catching a few last year my boat was in on march 7th ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish cleaning

We do advertise on this website, its easy to find if you look.
    I have stood at the fish cleaning table for years by myself with more than 6 walleye next to me and have never been approached by a game warden. If they do, I will tell them who I am, who was on the boat and how many people were on the boat and he can count away. Most of the time if I clean the guys fish, I tell them to go have a beer and a bite to eat and come back later for the fish. Game wardens are trained to look for the suspecting looking people at the ramps and docks. 2 years ago I watched a guy at Turtle Creek boat ramp lie to a game warden that he did not catch and had no fish in the cooler or boat. I think there were 3 guys claiming zero fish. Then the GW asked to see inside their cooler. Guess what he found. Not only did he find one walleye, but it was also about 14 inches long. Probably a 100 dollar fine, and he did write the ticket. So yes, there are people who deserve it.
    I am a veteran of the US NAVY, and I dont ******** anybody or am I not afraid to tell you who I am. I hold a USCG Master Lic. , I have fished Erie since the 70's and have never had a DNR violation. Enough of my rant.
    Time to go Fishn , 3 weeks till the fun starts !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]