Crazy,  I'm talking crazy Crazy,  I'm talking crazy Crazy,  I'm talking crazy Crazy,  I'm talking crazy
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crazy, I'm talking crazy

No ice for 2 years. Springs blow and go. This year I'm gonna get in trouble. With the price of gas and having 2 boats I will sleep on 1 and fish the other. Problem is the 2 day possession limit. Wife goes bye every 3 days past Marina. Guess I will take chances. I am gonna have fun

Post Thanks / Like

boy you do have a dilemma. if your going to be there for awhile you might want to think about renting a small storage shed. just a thought. you would be legal this way. just make sure you have some kind of reciept from somewhere to show how many days you have been fishing. or you could just have the wife come by ever other day.
    sherman

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you do get caught. How many walleye do you need to eat. Think about the decline in the fish population. Every year it declines because of guys like you CANT GET ENOUGH. Like I said hope the ODNR gets you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenbeam View Post
    Hope you do get caught. How many walleye do you need to eat. Think about the decline in the fish population. Every year it declines because of guys like you CANT GET ENOUGH. Like I said hope the ODNR gets you.
    Well mrgreenbeam I would suggest that you completely stop fishing to help stop the fish decline. Probably should not subscribe to a fishing report website either. Jig is doing nothing illegal. He has every right to go out on the lake and catch a limit of fish every day. That's why ODNR sets limits as they do. His only issue is how to get the fish to his freezer.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this has been discussed in previous posts but can someone walk me through this possession rule again…

Basically, I live in central-eastern Ohio. I have a cottage in Lakeside and often come up for fishing trips with friends and family longer than 2 days. Humbly speaking, it’s not unusual for me to have caught limits for my crew and I that surpass the supposed 2 day rule, especially when we have been up there for a week. We respect the daily bag limit but am I in violation of the possession law if my freezer contains full tickets with a span longer than 2days?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Post Thanks / Like

First, the population of Walleye in Lage Erie is not declining because of anglers.

Second, as many as he wants to eat as long as he is under the daily bag limit and can prove it.

Get a grip.

Post Thanks / Like

You're about as good at making up statistics as you are making new friends. Go back to being a troll on whatever board you came from and leave this one to the serious fishermen.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow

So are you mad at the charter captains too? they get paid to catch their LIMITS of fish EVERY DAY they can! If the ODNR thought the fish population of how many million was in any kind of danger dont you think they would either lower the limit or close the season during the spawn? I say go out and catch as many legal limits of fish you can! As long as you are not wasting the fish (not saying any one is) and you are obeying the rules. Why would you hope that someone who is only catching a daily legal limit gets caught OBEYING the rules? How do you think that places up around the lake make their money to stay in business? From ppl that come to the great lake and CAMP or FISH! all summer long. If ppl having a good time by doing what their dads and grandads did for years before them and passed it down to them as a tradition of fishing in the lake makes you mad then you probly should not be a member of a FISHING FORUM! just sayin..I will agree with MRGREENBEAM only by saying this ...... obey the rules

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limits

Nothing wrong with gettin a limit everyday. As long as it's done by the rules set by the DNR.. I fish everyday during spring it's the only time I fish for walleye so when it's time to fill the freezer it's on.. With the price of gas,docks.ect.. you gotta get a limit just to justify the cost of fishin. I'm not gonna pay 13.99 a pound at the store. Go get'em boys it's almost here! And FYI being a dick on this website dosen't work out real well! We are on here to help each other get on the fish and stay on them like we have for many years!

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe Life,

Thanks for clearing that up. I originally thought that’s how the law read but someone recently told me that I was wrong and that you could only have 2 days’ worth of limits on your possession at any one time until you reach your place of permanent residence which threw me into a tail spin…

Tight Lines!