elite 7 ? elite 7 ? elite 7 ? elite 7 ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: elite 7 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile elite 7 ?

Well, here it goes, all brainwise set to burchase a HDS5 looking like it's going to be around $1,100 till all said and done, got about $650.00 in Cabelas club cards,From my birthday & Christmas and Misl. other projecks that other wanted to pay me for doing (I don't want any money but they insist I take something,so I tell them "get me a Cabelas gift card, the People are generous when it comes to gift cards/ always a $25.00 card it doesn't take long and you have money that the WIFE see's as worthless cards) . (HA.HA.HA.) Now I see that they came out with elite 7 with all the bells and $800.has all the bells and whistles and from the web site I don't see the difference in power /gps / anything. go to www.lowrance.com USA it's the first thing that come up, watch video and look at the specs. chart. Those that have the HDS units you will be able to find the weak areas!! PLEASE look into this and report back because I got ENOUGH dust to purchase this unit I'm really EXICITED about this unit, finally a hds unit made for the working man.

Post Thanks / Like

i was at bass pro today looking at the 7 .seemed easier to use then the hds5 combo unit . I am a novice when it comes to this stuff but I really likes the elite 7 unit . hope that help sorry if it don't

Post Thanks / Like

Default Elite 7

Well it's a start, at least one other likes it. I been looking at the Lowrance web. all day, and other sites with pros and cons, and I didn't see very many cons. but the unit is so new there is not much out there yet, I have lots of time to make a decision so lets see what happens. PAP.

Post Thanks / Like

we do have some time . the bigger screen on the elite 7 was a lot nicer then the screen on the hds5. both units were right next to each other made it nice to compare the 2 units.i was at the bass pro in Rossford

Post Thanks / Like

If you still like the older Lowrance units- pre HDS, then you should like any of the elite series as the buttons/functions etc seem to be the same you'd be used too, This would be what I would upgrade to, but if they could come out with their old time flashers ( the LCD/flashers do not compare) I would still be running flashers,they work at everyspeed even over 65 MPH, you can instantly know how hard the bottom is, again at any speed, mark fish in the weeds, mark fish size.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Elite 7

Thanks guys for taking the time to look at this unit, this is going to be a big upgrade for me and I don't want to be sorry later, like some other older post saying (I wish,I should of, I did't realize ect.) I've been going over what Info. there is on this unit, I found 2 Things I don't like (1) as I read it, it only has 1 year warrenty (2) you can't up grade from the internet. All tha other specs. seem very compatable to the big hammer units, maybe they realize that not all fishermen can afford $1500.00 for the bottom of the barrel HDS unit. THANKS guys I'm really leaning towards this unit (I'm running a 727 Humming Bird right now works fine, going to move that unit to the back by the down riggers. PAP

Post Thanks / Like

Stick with humminbird that's my vote. Better customer service, better features for the money. You already have one do you will know how to run must of it already.side imaging without add ons .

Post Thanks / Like

Customer service with navico has been resloved the problem children are no longer there and they have a new crew that is happy to help with any questions you have. the specs are pretty similar between the two. The power is the main thing that makes a difference they are both 250 rms digital around 3200 analog and the main thing you want for detail is over 600 analog. It has 2000 less waypoints but you still get 3000 waypoints i didnt look at trails and how many points in the trails. You also have all the networking with nmea 0183 and nmea 2000 to hook it up to auto nav systems and marine radios.
    Last edited by Line Dancin; 02-05-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Elite 7!!

Well, I have to say thank you folks that took the time to look into this unit, I'm going to Cabales to see the unit in person, then think about it some more!! and wait for Cabales to send me a $150.00 off any purchase over $500.00 then I will definitely buy it. I'm a guy that only gets to fish a few times a year but for a couple of days at a time and 1 time a whole week!!, so I believe that the ELITE 7 will more than serve my purpose. THANKS!! PAP.

Post Thanks / Like

as I read it, it only has 1 year warrenty (2) you can't up grade from the internet.

As for the warranty buy the service plan from cabelas. even if you drop it they will replace it. I found out the hard way on that one when my wife dropped my hds. i thought i puked up my heart. scratched the crap out of the screen. No questions asked i had a new unit.

AS far as upgrading the way you do it is you need a 2 gb sd card blank from the camera shop and a card reader about 20 bucks for both. when you do need to do an upgrade you plug the sd card into the reader and plug that into your usb port on your computer. go to lowrances website clikck on support software then select your model. click to use the lowrance installer. it will do the rest. Come back half hour later take the sd card out to our boat put the sd card in and turn the unit on. wait five minutes and the unit will reboot telling you to remove the card. it is that simple.