Sunday Perch 10/21 Sunday Perch 10/21 Sunday Perch 10/21 Sunday Perch 10/21
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Perch 10/21

Went out of Mienkes and water depth was very shallow at the mouth of the cut. Put the crew toward the front of the boat to raise the prop up. Had 2.5 feet at shallowest point. I need 2 feet for clearance.

Went out 4.5 miles at 30 degrees. Took 4 1/2 hours for 5 guys to get 150 perch. A steady bite. Mostly 8 - 9 inch perch. Biggest was just under 11 inches. A few white perch and some small yellow perch. Very soft bite on the bottom. Caught fish on both bare as well as red beaded hooks. Experienced several instances where we would lose fish on the way up. Several of the ones we got into the boat where barely hooked in the lip. Several fell off into the boat as they were being brought over the side. A very nice day on the lake. Planning on being out there Wednesday again.

No other boats in the area. A pack was off little cedar point but not much chatter on radio from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Wed fishing am

Wanting to go Wed will be launching out of meinekes west what channel will you be on ? mblmike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ramp at meinkes west

Just a heads up, if you launch at meinkes I would recommend that you use the ramp closest to the red barn,as the other ramp has a hole that your starboard side tire will drop into making it difficult to get your boat on the trailer level.
    Good luck and be safe

Post Thanks / Like

I usually monitor chanel 68. I will be out in the afternoon. Boat is Pirate Lady

Post Thanks / Like

I'll 2nd that Meinke ramp comment. Had to move boat over today after running into hole problem. That and low water makes it fun ramping.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile perch report monday western end

friend of mine fished by water intake, two guys 20 perch, 8 lbs at cleaners, one 2 lb walleye and lost two more walleyes at boat, said there was 75 to 100 boats off little cedar point.
    Wayne reel sport charters

Post Thanks / Like

4 boats out of our marina fished the 2nd buoy past Toledo light Sunday. We all came back with limits

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Fishin Wed am

Ok I will be out Wed. I need to winterize my motor home and cover the boat up so I will be out in the morning and come in early after noon hope to get a few hours of fishing in also will have the radio on weather wind and waves look good

Post Thanks / Like

We are taking Thursday off and perching somewhere near intake/little Cedar Point/Bouy13 will be on channel 72 I am sure there will not be many out ,if anybody else is out that day and wants to work with me on finding fish I would be glad to give my spot if we find . we are than pulling boat for the year thanks for the Meinke Ramp info I have a 27 sport -craft and use that ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

wayne you are still alive. got the boat pulled sunday...wow was the water low. Had to hang onto the side of the dock and lower myself into the boat. Hopefully it comes up b4 next year. all went well after that and summer huntin is getting cleaned and put away for winter. now on to deer huntin.