What a great Perch day What a great Perch day What a great Perch day What a great Perch day
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a great Perch day

At Black Pearls recommendation (previous post), I changed to launching out of Mazurik state access. Weatherman was calling for 1-3's, but when I got out, it was 1's at most. Ran out west of Kelley's and tried around the can for about 1/2 hr. Water was terribly muddy there and not a single bite.

Went around to the Northeast side of Kelly's and found 19 boats set up in the area, so we dropped anchor. Picked up a few nice perch here and there for an hour or so until around 2:30 the bite fired up and we were pulling double keepers. Most of these fish were 10+ inches, with the biggest two come in at 13.25 and 13.5.

The water went flat calm during the hot bite and we finished our 2 man limit at about 5:30pm.

Interesting note: I had a gold colored hook that came with a crappie rig, so I put that on one side of the spreader (no bling) and put a regular (bronze) hook on the other side. The gold colored hook out-fished the bronze hook about three-to-one. Dad wasn't catching as much as I was, so he borrowed one of my gold hooks and then started getting hit as well as I was.

Damn strap broke on the winch at the ramp and almost dropped the boat on the ramp, but got it where it needed to be (thanks to the guys at the ramp that helped out).

WHAT A GREAT DAY ON THE LAKE AND AWESOME FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ;26066
    At Black Pearls recommendation (previous post), I changed to launching out of Mazurik state access. Weatherman was calling for 1-3's, but when I got out, it was 1's at most. Ran out west of Kelley's and tried around the can for about 1/2 hr. Water was terribly muddy there and not a single bite.

Went around to the Northeast side of Kelly's and found 19 boats set up in the area, so we dropped anchor. Picked up a few nice perch here and there for an hour or so until around 2:30 the bite fired up and we were pulling double keepers. Most of these fish were 10+ inches, with the biggest two come in at 13.25 and 13.5.

The water went flat calm during the hot bite and we finished our 2 man limit at about 5:30pm.

Interesting note: I had a gold colored hook that came with a crappie rig, so I put that on one side of the spreader (no bling) and put a regular (bronze) hook on the other side. The gold colored hook out-fished the bronze hook about three-to-one. Dad wasn't catching as much as I was, so he borrowed one of my gold hooks and then started getting hit as well as I was.

Damn strap broke on the winch at the ramp and almost dropped the boat on the ramp, but got it where it needed to be (thanks to the guys at the ramp that helped out).

WHAT A GREAT DAY ON THE LAKE AND AWESOME FISHING!
    Sounds like a BLAST! I love it when the lake goes to glass calm I haven't been out in over a week not even close on haggin it up!!!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Its means that a amazing, superb & unforgettable Perch day, happy to know that Perch day.