Deep water boat ramps Deep water boat ramps Deep water boat ramps Deep water boat ramps
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

we went out of wild wings today, now the boat iwe went on is docked there not launched there every time out. As far as the channel plenty of water nothing less than 4 to 5 feet in the channel. Now the exit from the channel from talking to a guy who pulled a t 26 foot boot said he touched a little mud.

I have heard the ramp there as a big drop off if you back the trailer in too far. Which with the dropping water just forces all the back further down the ramp. This drop makes it hard for some ppl to pull the trailer back up over the lip with the boat on the trailer. I do not know if it is that way on both sides or not. I have never used the ramp for anything beside jet skis, but talking to ppl who have that is what i heard.

some where off of 163 outside of port clinton between the city and rt 2 is a state launch ramp too. never been down it but have seen alot 32 and 36 footers make there way back the drive to it. so i would guess it would have some water maybe? maybe someone else can answer that. it is about 15 mins from wild wings

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replys, most of the public ramps are having problems from people I have spoken to, if the ramp is deep enough then you have trouble getting out to the lake, if they have enough water to get to the lake then the ramp becomes a problem. Sure hate to give up fishin this early just because you can't find deep enough water to float your boat. Has anyone used Catawba state park ? I do know Mienkes and Metzgers marsh have shallow problems getting into the lake. Have not heard from anyone using Cullen park, I know they dredged the new channel but are the ramps deep enough to launch? I know many boaters will be looking for deep water places in the upcoming weeks so please keep us posted, Thanks again

Airshot

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both Catawba and Mazurik and both were at 3-4 ft. It is low for sure but definitely able to launch.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Have used catawba many times but not familiar with mazurik, where might that on be? Thanks

Airshot

Post Thanks / Like

Mazurik is located out in Lakeside/Marblehead off of rt163 to North Shore. So, it's a bit further east. It's a nice public ramp though and right out to the lake quickly. I go there if I am heading towards Kelleys.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/Coastal_Main_...0/Default.aspx
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.