Perch limit raised to 40 Perch limit raised to 40 Perch limit raised to 40 Perch limit raised to 40
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch limit raised to 40

Fished out of Lorain on Sunday and the DNR guys told us they raised the perch limit to 40. I was skeptical, but he showed me the web site.

Unfortunately, we couldn't get them to go as well as we had on Friday so ended far short of our limits. But is was a great day to be on the water!

Check it out: http://ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regu...ng_limits.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bordy View Post
    Fished out of Lorain on Sunday and the DNR guys told us they raised the perch limit to 40. I was skeptical, but he showed me the web site.

Unfortunately, we couldn't get them to go as well as we had on Friday so ended far short of our limits. But is was a great day to be on the water!

Check it out: http://ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regu...ng_limits.aspx
    Not sure you got good information. If you look at that link, is says "except...." Click on Lake Erie, and you get this table link below which still shows 30 for the Ohio waters of Lake Erie. Wish it were so, but haven't heard or seen it anyplace else. Don't doubt he told you that, but might want to double check to stay out of trouble.

http://ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regu...hing_erie.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's still 30 on Erie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LEfriend I agree this is misleading looking at the link Bordy provided it doesn’t even give a size limit. Bordy you need to click on the link Lake Erie and its Tributaries

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely is still 30. Wouldn't surprise me to hear of ODNR/LE spreading misinformation though. Not bashing them, but I swear as many of them are as clueless on the laws as half of the population.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

30 yellow perch per person on lake erie and its tribs. That 40 number says all public waters Except L. Erie and a few other specific spots.
    30 per person lake wide limit for L Erie.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Odnr is good for not knowing what they r doing how can they inforce the law if they don't know the law. I think they should go back to school and learn to read the law is very clear if u read it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Odd

I find it odd that the lake with the most perch has the lowest limit. What other lake can support a 40 fish limit if Erie can't? Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Bordy, what kind of DNR officer was it? There are a lot of different Divisions in the ODNR. They are not all the same. Park officers and watercraft officers are not well versed in wildlife laws. Same goes for metro park officers.

John
    Last edited by imrsmk; 08-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imrsmk View Post
    Bordy, what kind of DNR officer was it? There are a lot of different Divisions in the ODNR. They are not all the same. Park officers and watercraft officers are not well versed in wildlife laws. Same goes for metro park officers.

John
    I called the dnr in columbus,Ohio ,they referred me to Gino Barna in Sandusky #419-625-8062(division lake Erie chief enforcement ) Daily limit for yellow perch is(30) per day/person for lake Erie and it's tributaries!!!!!!40 per day els ware.They are investigating this report to get right.