Rattlesnake area Rattlesnake area Rattlesnake area Rattlesnake area
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rattlesnake area

My brother, a friend of mine from where I use to work and his 10 year old son went perch fishing then over to Rattlesnake where we caught the following fish. I will try to post them. We first caught a 13" walleye on crawler harnesses with gold glades. Then the 10 year old hooked onto a 23" walleye. he brought it in like he knew what he was doing. I was proud of him. Latter on my brother caught a FO 28 1/2". All in all we had a good night. The look on the 10 year old face was priceless and his dad netting it made it all better. Going to try to get out next week. Perch was caught by B can.

Life of Riley

Post Thanks / Like

Good job! It's great to see the kids get hooked on the sport. I used to enjoy the trips with my son. He's married now with a little one of his own and not as much time. Now I'm waiting on the Grandkids to grow a little

Post Thanks / Like

Were you dirfting? Working the wing. On the bottom, what kind of count? Great to here there are still some Walleye in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling

We were trolling crawler harnesses that I make through out the winter. We had 2 and 3 oz. back 35 to 50. I was speeding up and slowing down then turning one way and back the other. All seem to work. I won't be able to go out until next week some time. Have a good labor day everyone.

Life of Riley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling

We were trolling crawler harnesses. Gold Colorado blades worked the best. We used 2 oz. and 3 oz. BB. I was trolling around 1.0 to 1.3 mph. I would also running in a "Z" motion to drop the harnesses then speed up on the swing. I think the 10 year young man is ready to go out again. I will probably won't get out until next week some time. I want to thank the charter captains that post on this cite. They put out some real good information that has helped me especially perch fishing. This is the 2nd time I fished for perch. Skipper 3 perch rigs work real good. I hope every one has a very safe holiday weekend.

Life of Riley