perch 7/29/12 perch 7/29/12 perch 7/29/12 perch 7/29/12
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perch 7/29/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch 7/29/12

Got shiners with about a 75% shiners to 25% goldens mix at A&J's this morning. Tried D-Can lots of white perch no yellows, Niagra few yellows lots of whites, C-Can few yellows and few whites then North of B-Can very few of everything. Ended the day there, there were 3 people and we had about 40 perch with almost all on the small size! So no one should feel bad as it seems almost everyone had a very slow day today perching. Where we fished at C-Can there were solid marks from the bottom up to 4 ft off the bottom still very slow there, just could not get them going.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Got shiners with about a 75% shiners to 25% goldens mix at A&J's this morning. Tried D-Can lots of white perch no yellows, Niagra few yellows lots of whites, C-Can few yellows and few whites then North of B-Can very few of everything. Ended the day there, there were 3 people and we had about 40 perch with almost all on the small size! So no one should feel bad as it seems almost everyone had a very slow day today perching. Where we fished at C-Can there were solid marks from the bottom up to 4 ft off the bottom still very slow there, just could not get them going.
    Must have been shadowing you. We made same stops in same order, with same (lack of) results. Did a couple of short moves at each place as well, and a slow drift for a while, trying everything. I kept eying that big pack NE of sister out on the line....assumed they were trolling and wondered if I had made the wrong choice going perching. Thanks for posting...helps to know it wasn't just me today.

Post Thanks / Like

got shiners at szuchs yesterday and should have gave them to someone who could catch fish... We ended up with 20 5 people fishing. Started mile south of mcdonalds buoy and ended up out by the canadian line. Very light bite. Water was turned up, and lots of seaweed floating. Also noticed the green slime about 8 miles out of cooley canal. Wasn't bad, but it was there. Good luck this week

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad troy,got my limit but they were on the short side nothing over 9 in mostly 7.5 to 8.5 in.. other guy on the boat got 5 total.... half the time wasn't sure I was getting a bite I would just flick my wrist and sure enough one was there.. half the time I didn't know there was one biting.. and I have a real limber pole..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch

Sunday we fished about 4 miles NW of the intake. Light bite stealing bait. Few junk fish but not many. Fishing no bling on the bottom. Did better once we satrted cutting the minnows in half and double hooking the halfs. On the bottom with no bling using Crappie rigs. 18-20 feet of water. 3 people and 18lbs at the cleaners. Would have gotten a lot more had we started cutting the minnows earlier but we ran out of bait. Caught one really big Rock Bass. Lost one rod when fish pulled it from the wifes hands. Hit like a Walleye and we have been catching a few Walleyes in this area on perch rigs. Perch size were ok but only a few in the 10-12 inch range. Quite a few doubles.

Post Thanks / Like

Elrod you had to be close toward my direction...white pontoon blue binini top

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Did you come in ti Mienke's? If so you were comming in when I went out.

Post Thanks / Like

elrod how close to the shipping channel were you? We fished pretty close to where you were and couldn't get a bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch

Quite a ways from the channel. Comming from Mienke's (Anchor point) NW couse and 6.7 miles. There is a drop off line on the charts. I've been fishing anywhere along that line on the deeper side. There is an area of rocky bottom that I have the most luck when I can find it. But anywhere along that line seems to work well. Been fishing it 2 yrs. now and never had a real bad day.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the information. What kind of boat do you have?