perch perch perch perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Fished about 1 mile north of B-can on Sat, caught a 2 person limit of mostly 8 inch perch in three hours. Had lots of throw backs and very few junk fish. Got really nice perch minnows at A&J Baits on Rt. 2. Very generous scoops. I asked about next weekend minnow availability with the full moon coming on and they said they should have plenty.

Had reports from other fishermen that C-can was good also with larger fish (9") average, Niagra was slow for alot of those fishing there from our Marina.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-25-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

I have a combo trip this weekend and the plan is start a b can for the yellow ones the go after the toothy ones. Good job

Post Thanks / Like

Was also just north of b-can. Finished just shy of 2 man limit.most fish caught between 10 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Things turned off around 1:30.Had a few 10 inches but most 8-9 inches.Also got minnows at A&J's.1st time I have been there.They were out when we got there but had a guy on the way.We waited and got taken care of.Very nice people.

Post Thanks / Like

What time were you there? I think it was around 10:00 or a bit after when I was there, and their tank was full I must have been there after you because we started fishing at 11:30. In case you didn't know A&J net their own minnows and supply other bait stores in the area, they have 2 minnow boats but just got the one repaired so they can finally catch more shiners.

I will be up there on thursday and may buy a few extra scoops of minnows to salt and freeze just in case there would be a shortage in the next couple of weeks due to the full moon coming on the 3rd of July.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

We were there between 8:30-9:00. We pretty much got the shiners as they got off their truck.We didn't know about them supplying others until we were there and they phone was ringing off the hook. After hearing them talk we figured it out.They did a very good job of juggling customers there and on phone.Hope to make it this week end also.Hope they still have shiners come Sat. morning.I know they are hard 2 come by during full moon.