Best Day Yet Best Day Yet Best Day Yet Best Day Yet
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Best Day Yet

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Best Day Yet

What a beautiful lake Erie was this A.M.(clear water and a light chop). Started at "D" can and trolled with the wind and waves at 1.7-1.8 mph dragging Deep Diving Reef Runners 57' behind my side planers. Metallic finishes like Cheap Sun Glasses and bright colors like Pink Lemonade worked the best. We had our limit before noon with only a 12 minute boat ride back to Catawba State Park. I'll be out again on Monday and hope to repeat todays production. P.S. Only one sheephead and a few white bass and perch. Best day yet this spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday or Tuesday.

Depending on the waves, I might be out on Monday if not Tuesday. What channel will be listening too? Are you going to be around the D can?

Life of Riley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Day Yet

I leave Catawba State Park as early as I can get there, usually between 6-7 AM and head for "E" can where I start looking for active fish as I make my way up the firing range line toward "D" can and "C" can. I will position the boat upwind from promising fish and troll downwind with Deep Diving Reef Runners using mixed colors looking for one that appeals to the eyes. When I get action I switch to match what is working. I'll vary speeds and do lazy S turns but I'm usually around 1.7-1.9 mph and the lures are back from the side planers 35-75 ft, but 57 feet has worked best for me the last two weeks. I monitor Ch. 68 and 71 and will be happy to talk anyone who calls.

Post Thanks / Like

Going out of Catawba. Mon & Tue Starting north of D Can. Usually at the ramp at the same time as you Dr, Ed I'm in a black Lund. What kind of boat for you Dr. ?

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a 20 ft ProLine with a blue bimini top and a new shiny white 150 hp Evinrude Etec. Call Dr. Ed on Ch. 68 or 71. I'll answer if I'm not pulling a fish.