friday the 13 boat trouble! friday the 13 boat trouble! friday the 13 boat trouble! friday the 13 boat trouble!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default friday the 13 boat trouble!

Decited to go out for an hour with a couple of friends from camp. Ran out of wild wings to d can area pulled three fish o's and rolled up the gear. Then my boat wouldent start! I hailed down one boat and the guys just ignored me the second boat I seen really helped me out and cut there fishing trip short to help me. I would like to say thanks to thoes two guys. Lesson learned on a two stroke OB carry extra spark plugs and a wrench. Put new plugs in and fired up like a champ.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow glad to hear someone helped you out. Were the plugs just fouled? Did they have to you're you back in? That's one nice thing about a kicker but I also have towing insurance with boat US.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    Wow glad to hear someone helped you out. Were the plugs just fouled? Did they have to you're you back in? That's one nice thing about a kicker but I also have towing insurance with boat US.
    Yes the plugs were fouled. Will be purchasing the boat us towing...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Friday the 13th

I'm not superstitious but I was admitted to the hospital on Friday, the 13th only to discover something happened to half my blood supply and the entire medical team in Warren, Ohio is still looking for it or where it went. 4 units of whole blood and 4 units of plasma and I am good as new (at least for now). Anyway, I don't know if it a written law or not but I was always taught to stop and render aid anytime someone is in distress. I've towed many a boat in my 60+ years on Lake Erie and never asked for anything but a 'thank you'. I too have been towed a time or two and no one would ever accept a dime for their efforts. Everyone should be of this mindset.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    I'm not superstitious but I was admitted to the hospital on Friday, the 13th only to discover something happened to half my blood supply and the entire medical team in Warren, Ohio is still looking for it or where it went. 4 units of whole blood and 4 units of plasma and I am good as new (at least for now). Anyway, I don't know if it a written law or not but I was always taught to stop and render aid anytime someone is in distress. I've towed many a boat in my 60+ years on Lake Erie and never asked for anything but a 'thank you'. I too have been towed a time or two and no one would ever accept a dime for their efforts. Everyone should be of this mindset.
    Wow glad you are ok. Can't imagine how half your blood supply just disappears.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Sorry to here of your condition, glad your ok. We gave the guys that towed us in plunty to cover gas and MABY supper. But they just started fishing and quit to help us. PRICELESS. THERE ARE STILL SOME GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile friday 13 bad luck

Glad you are ok, we also had bad luck got our limit in two hours,
    just before we pulled in channel, we blew our engine, limp it to
    dock, o well new engine going in , be back in the water on tues,
    back chartering next week. Just friday the 13th.
    Capt. Mike ReelSport Charters

Post Thanks / Like

Default we got towed in also

A few years back I had towed someone in and thought someday it would be me needing help, Than last year it was. The guy would not take any cash but my wife remembered his name and we sent a thank you with gift card. You never Know when its your turn, thanks to all who help those in need.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been following this post, seeing what happened to different people. I'm not superstitious, but we had our alternator go out on Friday the 13th. We were only out in front of TC a couple miles. We made it in and I changed it...not as bad a s some of you...glad everybody got through it.

Greg