Bad day Bad day Bad day Bad day
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad day

To all you fine sportmen and women out there. Beware if your car breaks down out by the HAPPY HOOKER on rt.2. MY car broke down pulling my boat.Myself and my son got as far as HAPPY HOOKER. I went in and asked if I could possibly leave my car in the lot until I could get it towed possibly overnight. Their response was get it out before dark or we will have it towed away.We heard they were good people. Thay were BIG RUDE JERKS. They lost all of our families business. I hope other's go to RENO BEACH where people actually care about others. what made the day worse we only caught 2 walleyes. off K CAN.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you had your car breaks down. Dont sound like Dave. He has always been good to ppl.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe they are only nice to locals. or the charter guys? i went there last year they were very rude and impatient to us but a charter guy walked in that they knew and their whole demeanor changed. made me feel like an outsider trespassing. like i shouldnt be fishing "round these parts" lol. but i have been back twice since then and they seemed ok then.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go out on a limb and take a guess, but I have to suppose he needed to be certain to have the parking lot space for in the morning. Lately checkout lines practically have been out the door! Thats a lot of people parking cars/trucks with boats ect.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the entire situation at H.H. but I personally couldn't do that to one of my customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Parking is limited there for sure, I’ve been in there many times and there are a couple old crusty guys in the back that aren’t very friendly! But one of the older ladies that works there is very knowledgeable and friendly, I deal with her exclusively.

There is something to be said about how the out of state and locals are treated differently at restaurants and bait shops. Overall a good experience for the last 13 years...sorry to hear about yours at H.H.

Perhaps if there was more local competition H.H. would change their tune a little.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

They need to sell and retire. They are getting old and crusty.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats just to bad guess it's "SAD HOOKER" instead of HAPPY HOOKER

Post Thanks / Like

I live 5-8 miles down the road as of last fall. I stopped in last year to get some trolling guides and they are not cheap. I could have bought them on line cheaper but decided to keep my business local at the HH. Well not again, after spending 60 bucks on books and some other stuff the heavy set older guy treated me like dirt on his shoe. Asked for another reef runner and he acted like I asked him to wash my car. He did not know I was a local at the time (born and raised in the area) other than the last five years (away for work) and still felt pretty small when I walked out of there.It was around 4-5 o'clock in the after noon in late August. Not a real busy time for them, so that counter won't hold water here. Anyways, I am on vacation, enough of a rant.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Hooker are nice people

I am on vacation but got on the computer to check out fishing back home and found this going on. I too live near the Happy Hooker and I have been around the owners for the past 4 years a lot. I find them to be honest and informative business owners. Yes they are there to make money but they also help many fisherman with info as well. Don't know all the circumstances to what happened with the vehicle that needs towed but we all know that there are bad days and good for everyone. Let's be bigger than that and not turn our backs on them but give them the chance to show that maybe it was one of those days. As far as Dave treating someone bad. You've got to know his personality, he's not treating you bad that's just Dave. Ask him any advise and he'll give it but if he's busy you may have to wait a little.
    We are all at the lake to have a good time and when things go wrong I for one know how they can go really wrong every way shape and form.
    Support the local businesses and remember the "Golden Rule"

Can't wait to get back and launch the "Irish Eye"