Another Weekend/More Limits Another Weekend/More Limits Another Weekend/More Limits Another Weekend/More Limits
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Weekend/More Limits

What another great weekend. After great trolling success we decided to dust off the jigging rods on friday this past weekend. Took a vacation day and really wanted to try the jig bite. Got out a little later (10am) because of the wind but pulled a 3 man limit jigging off of Toussaint in about 12-15 foot of water. We really had to work for them on Friday. Not sure if it was the rough water or us missing bites because of the waves but it did calm down around noon or one but we pulled fish through the wind. We are not big jig fisherman and this was the first time in 2 years we jigged but decided to do it for a change of pace. Around noon it calmed down and we completed our limit just after 3pm using purple hair jigs or john deere green from happy hooker, no minnows.
    Now Saturday, what another great day! Started trolling E can and not many boats around at first light. Program was pretty much similiar to the past several weekends. Anything Purple. This weekend blue chrome took a few along with pink lemonaide. had me and 3 guys from work. Got our sixteen in about 3 and 1/2 hours. Some fish came on reefs running a little deeper around 65-70 back, most were still around 55. Speed was still around 1.4 all day. When things slowed on the deeper ones we bumped them up to 55 and took the rest of our limit on those boards also. Heading to Fla. tomorrow for business then to wrap up spring break week with my family so will be out of the game til at least the 22nd unless I sneek in a off day somewhere. Get out while we can, I can not recall such a great spring of fishing in a very long time. Hope this can help people out this week.
    Also, heard some guys did better a little farther east near the islands but the fishing is still hot all around the cans so I could not make a move when the fish are still going strong out on the reefs. But this info may help some of the guys who are closer to the islands. I did not hear of any programs over that way however.
    Will
    Last edited by OneEyedWilly; 04-09-2012 at 08:32 AM.