first time out in my own boat first time out in my own boat first time out in my own boat first time out in my own boat
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default first time out in my own boat

Came friday could not go out until 1200.My son and I caught fourweboth were very happy.Went back out saturday from 700 until 600 aqnd it was a complete bust we never even caubght a single fish it was very frustrating I know thebite was slow everybody i talked to limited out. It has to be our technicand lack of walleye knowledge. Weare persistantg and will keeptrying until we get it right. Other than we we spent a terrific day together on the water. Perhaps we should try to go out on a charter to learn how tofish

Post Thanks / Like

I know your pain. I have some friends that really struggle also. Keep at it and you will eventually figure it out. Some advice is to really pay attention to your jig and let it fall on semi slack to slack line. When I am out that seems to be the biggest difference between catching them and not catching them. Good luck and Happy Easter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the same boat. I am doing the charter thing until I can manage to get 'em on my own. Walidave on here has helped me a lot. I've done a few of his walk-ons. Some knowledge picked up.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Just keep at it. when i first converted from drifting to trolling i was ready to throw in the towel. People were telling me how great trolling was but I could not buy a fish. Then slowly and slowly things just started firing on all cylinders. I would highly recommend an educational charter with a captain who fishes the style of fishing you do (ie trolling or drift). You will cut your learning curve by about two or three years in a trip or two. Explain to the captain your intentions of wanting to learn. Then take notes, pictures of set ups etc. Most captains will not have an issue with you setting up a trip and doing this. Best of luck and don't give up we all had to start somewhere. I still get a little frusterated when I come into the dock and think I did good during a "tough" bite only to find out other guys did better than me. It's the nature of the beast.