Sunday 4/1/12 report Sunday 4/1/12 report Sunday 4/1/12 report Sunday 4/1/12 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday 4/1/12 report

Well, tried to get some info. from this site prior to going but did not have any luck. Figured we would start at the spots we did well when we had the warm spell a few weeks back. To my amazement the fish were still right on top of my old marks right off F can. I did not even get the auto pilot locked in and we had a board fire and landed a stout eye. Upon setting the pilot for a N/W run along the can line we had a steady pick of quality fish til just up north E can. I just had the auto pilot put on late last summer and I am positive it has increased my catch rate two fold! The greatest invention for trolling since a motor!
    Anyways, after our first pass to the north we had 9 fish, so we sung back down and did our same troll, reset the auto pilot and same results. Pulled 7 more fish and ended with a total of 112 pounds of fish and a four man limit.
    Hot colors for us on Sunday was anything with a purple or pink belly in Reef Runners. (Some guys at my marina said they did very well on HJ's but we did not put any out). Speed was a steady 1.3 all day with the wind at our stern.
    Colors for us that caught the most fish were Purple Demon, Lights Out, and Eriedescent. Also took a few on Green Flash which I think Skipper9 also mentioned worked for him.
    I hope this can help someone out this week. The fish are there and ready to eat. wonderful to be out on the lake, the fish are just an extra bonus IMO.
    Last edited by OneEyedWilly; 04-02-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that great day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

It was great. Guys were as far east as the islands yesterday and got fish. So the fish are stacked up in the west now!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Job! Thanks for the report!

Greg