Fish on Fish on Fish on Fish on
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fish on

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fish on

We went out today around 4pm and got a 3 man limit in 2hrs 20 mins.. Seen alot of fish get netted. fished between Turtle island and harbor light, 10-13 FOW usein green/white, pink white jigs No minnows.. Water was cleaner then it has been all year.. was shocked after the Big winds of yesterday.. The time to fish is now not the fastest we have got our limit but plenty of fish to be cought.. Might try tommrow if I can get a break before the rain..Sat maybe and on Sunday if it's not blowin 30 mph..Good luck to all and be safe..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Great report

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job lowe life. thanks for report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lowe Life, I'll be out Sunday for sure, WX permitting

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Island and Harbor light? I've been looking at my maps and I'm having a hard time finding it. any suggestions?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Island is south west of the Toledo Lighthouse. Michigan Ohio border???
    Last edited by kodiak50; 03-31-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harbor light

If you look on a map and follow the shipping channel out of the Maumee river you will find the Harbor light..It's about 6 or so miles out. Turtle Island is about 3 miles out if your comming from the shipping channel it will be North of the channel.. It's a small Island DO NOT run up the shipping channel and try to go left or right their are rock piles all along the channel..Best bet is to run the channel out by the harbor Light raise the lower unit and keep a close watch on your depth finder till your in plenty deep water..You can't miss the Harbor Light it's a huge Brick building with a fog horn that blows every few seconds.. If you find it look to the West and you'll see Turtle island..Good luck and be safe..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that you must stay in the channel until you are past the radar rocket going toward the lighthouse. Once past the radar rocket you should be safe to turn towards Turtle Island. I going to the lighthouse it is best to stay in the channel. From Cullen park launch ramp to light house is 9 plus miles. Mich/Ohio line passes thru Turtle Island so pay close attention unless you carry both state licenses!!

Airshot