Newbie here Newbie here Newbie here Newbie here
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here

Alumacraft Fisher Guest

Default Newbie here

I am new to this site. Although i have been reading posts for the last two months. I am also new to walleye fishing and just purchased my first boat last fall ( a 2011 Alumacraft Lunker II 165 with a 40 Horse fuel injected yamaha motor ) A little small for lake erie but does well in 4 footers or less. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, because ive had a pretty decent spring so far. With 4 trips to the lake and limits or close to everytime. Including on day catching a 3 man limit ranging from a 5lb 22inch to a 12lb 31incher. I could have never done it without you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

How does that boat run with the 40? I just got a 165cs with 50 and plan to dunk it later today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default welcome

welcome aboard and great catching so far. This is a very informative site evryone is very cordial atsharing info. Hope your season continues to be great.
    Dave
    fastactioncharters.com

Post Thanks / Like

Alumacraft Fisher welcome aboard and tight lines to you! Your walleye catching ability will grow with you knowlege and experience. It is all fun!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard.. if I can be any help please feel free to ask... Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to post a compliment to Walidave, Fisherman 9, Wakina & the rest of you Charter Guys that post your info. I'm so impressed by your generosity to share your experiences. I fish hard here in MI privately, & it is great to know that there are guys like you out there that are willing to help so many people out! MY HAT IS OFF TO ALL OF YOU!! SKYYS THE LIMIT' Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper 9, not fisherman 9, sorry Jim, you really impress me!

Alumacraft Fisher Guest

hey spoontang... my 40 runs pretty good. quiet. pushes my boat 31mph and i can slow it all the way down to 2.3mph at an idle. and with a small drift sock i can slow it down to .8-1mph i ran out to b can and trolled for about 8 hours two saturdays ago and the whole trip it only used 4.3 gallons of gas. cant beat that with the high fuel prices

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alumacraft Fisher View Post
    hey spoontang... my 40 runs pretty good. quiet. pushes my boat 31mph and i can slow it all the way down to 2.3mph at an idle. and with a small drift sock i can slow it down to .8-1mph i ran out to b can and trolled for about 8 hours two saturdays ago and the whole trip it only used 4.3 gallons of gas. cant beat that with the high fuel prices
    Thanks for the great info. I test ran mine last night with 2 pax and it snapped to plane and ran quick. I expect to be able to fish all day on 5 gallons or less. Welcome to the page....See you on the water

Post Thanks / Like

spoontang & Alumacraft Fisher,
    I have an Alumacraft Navigator 165, so pretty much the same length as your boats but has a little wider beam. It has a 90HP Optimax. I fish Erie approx. 12-15 times a year. I feel comfortable with waves up to about 3 feet, after that the boat gets tossed about quite a bit because there's not much weight to it. The advantage of the light weight is you get great gas mileage on the lake and it is easy to tow. Have fun and good luck fishing this year.
    TheBigE22