Fish Finding Methodology Fish Finding Methodology Fish Finding Methodology Fish Finding Methodology
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

the experience of fishing will give you facts. ive been fishing erie for 35 years i still have bad days. been days when i got a quick limit and then the next day go back to the same spot and get skunked. mind you thats hard to do but its happened. but stay on channel 84 and check this site. and there is a few other walleye sites that will give good reports. our gang stays in touch by cell phone and marine radio so if i get in the fish ill call my buddies in and vice versa. this is a big help. in the spring jig close to shore from davis bessie to maumee bay will depend on water clarity and wind and the reefs usally through april. first week or two of may we switch from jigs to bottom bouncers and worm harnesses and our mayfly rigs or weapons and weight foeward spinners around crane creek to the a b c can area. then we will move out to west sister shiping channel middle sister where we will cast or troll depends on bite and wind good wind we cast low or no wind we troll this is good to middle of july and we switch to perch usally around 18 ft of water of wards for 2 -3 weeks then we move to west sister shiping channel area. and we fish the can area. every year can be different but its always great just to be on the lake. and 1 more month ill be fishing from my boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by partsboy333 View Post
    Hi I'm new here but I always do good in june in between the islands will be there in may this year dose anyone have a info on where they will be in may
    Almost any where in the reef complex there will be a lot of males around still looking for a girl friend or 2 and there will be alot of larger fish still in the area after the spawn resting and feeding to build up their strenght used during the spawn .

First stop out of East harbor would be American Eagle Shoal that is if I hadn't marked fish before arriving there, then up to the stone dock and to the west of that area to the Bass Islands or the NW corner of Kelly's Island in the direction of N Bass or the west side of Gull Island Shoal to the Canadian line. There will be alot of fish traveling through this area after the spawn.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-09-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: posted instead of previewing.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Where would perch be in may got a 5 year old boy that loves fast action perch fishing. Loves walleye but some times the action is just not fast.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great thread!
    I'm still learning so I equate my fishing technique like a blind squirrel finding a nut!

I have yet to limit on walleye (I just drift/cast), but thanks to Skipper9 and several others here I actually figured out how to put limits of perch in the box!

My favorite perch spot is about 1/2 mile off the green east point buoy of Middle Bass Island, about 33-34 feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default temp

Dose anyone no the avg. air temp in may

Post Thanks / Like

Default WSBA: Denied

I used to look at Deans site, Went there this morning and like everything else it has changed somewhat. I was looking to read and pass on the "quotes" that were at the beginning of the home page, I believe there were three.. One was by Mark Twain and I do not remember who else. Does anyone have these?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deans Quotes

Here are the quotes! They are still there! Found under this heading!
    *Reports, Fishing, Weather & News*

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
    -- Mark Twain

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." -- Will Rogers

"The curious thing about fishing is, you never want to go home. If you catch something, you can't stop. If you don't catch anything, you hate to leave, in case something might bite" -- Gladys Taber
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the information, I found it where you said and I forgot about the one above all three of those, and it was the one that I was really looking for.