Line Counters Line Counters Line Counters Line Counters
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Line Counters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line Counters

Has anyone ever used the line counters that clip onto your rod just above the reel and have an opinion in which ones work the best? I am aware that the "traditional" counter reels are better, but I don't want to invest in 6 reels to get my trolling program started so I thought I would use my current and clip on the counters. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line counters

I have a brand new Daiwa Accudepth 17 lc that I have never used just sitting on a shelf... I won it in a Perch derby. It's a $60 reel I'm willing to sell for $30 if you or anyone is interested? send me a PM
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Default line counter's

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Has anyone ever used the line counters that clip onto your rod just above the reel and have an opinion in which ones work the best? I am aware that the "traditional" counter reels are better, but I don't want to invest in 6 reels to get my trolling program started so I thought I would use my current and clip on the counters. Thanks.
    clip on's work well---i used them for years before i switched to regular line counter reel's---shakespeare worked the best for me---good fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default line counter

I have been using berkley clip on's for 2 seasons now with spinning and casting reels and they work fine. good fishing for all

Post Thanks / Like

Default lin counters

i have never used clip ons..... we have cabelas depth series rods and the depth series line counter reels ... they work great and dont cost an arm or a leg. happy fising

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line Counters

Lowe Life,
    I'll take the reel
    PM sent
    Thanks
    FL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reel sold

Thanks guys for the intrest I have recieved from all of you..The reel has been sold..I do not troll so the reel was of no use to me.It's a great deal ment to help out my fellow fishermen...Hope you like you new purchase Double D...
    Thanks again everyone.
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

They work good with mono but my experience has been that braid is to slippery and they do not function well with braid. But I have not used any of the newer ones so I am speaking about line counters at least 8 years ago!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

They're O.K., but not as nice as line counters. I tried a couple on regular rods. Had to put them in front of the first guide to work right. Then they're hard to read. Best to watch at K-mart or Wal-Mart and catch a sale on a counter reel. Or go to cabelas.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent you a PM. Call your local bait shops wherever around the lake. Buy six reels in one pop you can get good prices on them. If you are not fishing for a living then less expensive ones can get you by without issue. Been doing this since the nineties and can tell you that I wasted more money taking the less expensive route than it would have cost me up front.
    Not being a prick, but if you can't afford 6 reels you should not be trolling. Gas alone this year is going to cut into the trollers pockets. Trolling is a pay to play thing. You dump alot into this in the beginning but the reward is worth it!