New Law New Law New Law New Law
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Law

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I get checked every time I go so the extra work feels worth it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just is View Post
    Of the odnr would just Put in the time at the docks checking fish this law would not be necessary. I was stopped three times last year once by water patrol two more times by odnr. they searched my boat all three times. They never even asked to see the fish in my cooler I think they spend to much time harassing the young people on the water I have been fishing the lake for 10 years and have been running my own boat for the last 6. I don't mind being stopped just feel like they are not looking for fish. I am not sure if it is just me that feels like our officers could send there time looking for the people that are over the limit of fish when they come off the lake
    They can't just search your boat without probable cause or a warrant unless you allow them. I think after 3 times I would stop giving them permission to board.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the new law when cleaning you're fish at the fish cleaning stations...

Post Thanks / Like

If it's true that we have to leave the skin on the entire fillet that just tells me that ODNR needs to spend more time training their officers on recognizing fish. there is no benefit to leaving the entire skin on as opposed to a 1 x 1 patch. I'm pretty sure we can all tell the difference. Anyone know how it would benefit to leave skin on the entire fillet? maybe I'm missing something? I guess it would be quicker to identify if you are looking at bags and bags of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

where can I find these new regulations on the ODNR website? looking at the Lake Erie regs it only shows limit and size? this is confusing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdrieck View Post
    where can I find these new regulations on the ODNR website? looking at the Lake Erie regs it only shows limit and size? this is confusing.
    Here is the link and it can be found on page 2 of the regulation under the heading "GENERAL INFORMATION"

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/pdf/pub084.pdf
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wakina. Anything change as far as possession? I'm a non-resident, can I have 3 days as long as I have hotel receipt? Am I required to bag and date my daily limit? After all this worrying I hope I have to worry about how to clean my fish

thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wakina. Anything change as far as possession? I'm a non-resident, can I have 3 days as long as I have hotel receipt? Am I required to bag and date my daily limit? After all this worrying I hope I have to worry about how to clean my fish

thanks again!

I have found no changes in the regulations that would suggest there has been a change in the amount of fish you could have in your possesion so long as they are legally caught, cleaned in accordance with the new regulation and packaged in accordance with the new regulation. Dating the packages is a good idea although I cannot find where that is required, and the idea about the receipts certainly couldn't hurt you either.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default limits

the new limits won't be posted till 1st of april, as of now the limit is 4 walleye per person till may one, 15" mim size, and must leave skin on all fillets till u reach ur address on ur license ok. good fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Law

I'am new on the site as far as posting. I've been reading post for years and I thank all folks out here. I've been fishing this great lake since Ive been 8 yr old and now 46 yr old. I am from west side of Indy Indiana, in the summer I drive 268 miles one way, sometime twice a month go fishing on my boat. My wife and I, say on the boat 1 to 3 night while we fish. Ohio is making this very hard for people to fish and enjoy what this great sport is all about.The law that this States and along with other states as well keep come up with, is just be on crazy. This is america, is everthing about money and taking peoples rights away. Is Ohio, not what folks from out of state to fish .Come on you can'nt camp now with out labling your fish bags and lable it. People have to wonder all the time, if thing are done just perfict to the law or they might get a ticket. I just can't beleave that you have to know that much of the law about everthing right down the T MAKE SURE YOUR NOT TICKITED.Iam all for doing the right thing, and the bag limit. There alot of other things that big companys do to this great body of water and there permit they pay for to pollute the wate into this waters. And then keep coming after the little guy. Thanks for everyones time good luck and be safe on the big pond.