Anyone fishing fri/sat Anyone fishing fri/sat Anyone fishing fri/sat Anyone fishing fri/sat
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fishing fri/sat

I was kinda thinking of trying to get this weekend, but not sure if the lake has ice on it or if any launches are open. I looked at the toledo web cam and it looks fairly clear of ice and i would think with wamer temp today and thurs and friday with the added rain lake should be fishable? Can any of you locals chim in and give us a update???????? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Turtle Creek and Fenwick on Sunday, channels were iced in, no docks at the ramp at Turtle Creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Cullen Park is open however the ramps are not in yet..

Post Thanks / Like

Default no ice

i was just up at turtle creek aboout 20 mins ago and the river is open however the channel that comes from the ramp out to the river is still ice. we were tryin to get a trip lined up for saturday but i think im going to wait until sunday and check it out friday night and saturday. i went from turtle creek to wild wings then to the portage river access in port clinton then over to the public launch by marine max in catawba then to the catawba state park and then to mazuriks and then to dempsys and they all had ice in and around the ramps. the lake it self looks to be free of ice from turtle creek over to port clinton beach then it starts building up along the west side of catawba, then once you get on the east side of catawba island there is open water. my guess is that its because of the south west wind and it has the ice shoved up on the catawba island. i dont know where cullen park is but i would love to know i think fishing right now would be good with no pressure from ice fishing and no boat traffic. i might just be chompin at the bit but im ready to get out there! i will do my best to keep you guys updated on the ice situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ice

was at wild wings yestrday, channels were froze and had 75-100 yds of shove ice packd aaginst lake shore about 4ft high
    fastactioncharters.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cullen park is in point place, toledo. Right off Summit st. It is right at the mouth of the maumee river. Perfect place to put in if you want to fish in maumee bay or near there.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile sat. trip

just spoke to turtle point marina and ramps are open, no docks to tie off, channel is iced but not thick, 3 boats out today. am going out tomorrow in am for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turtle Creek

I stopped up at the Cottage on Sunday and didnt see any ice in the channel their or at Wild Wings... No docks in yet and due to the North east wind blowin hard on one was fishing..It wont be long guys, give it a few weeks and we will all be out their tryin to filll the freezer..
    LOWE LIFE