Tm-260 Tm-260 Tm-260 Tm-260
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tm-260

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tm-260

is anyone using an TM-260 transducer with their hds 8 or 10. going to get one but want to hear any pro or cons with it on the transom. also its not in the list of transducers on the transducer select screen on my hds.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure you can run it. They are awesome ducers and expensive too! I run an Airmar P66 on a Furuno and it picks up great. Airmar is top of the line.

Here is a link to airmar. At the top go to "Marine" and click on fishfinders. Fill in the blanks and hit "start search" and you will see all the options.

http://www.airmartechnology.com/

Next, if you are not a member over on TheHullTruth go over there and join. Tons of knowlege on that site. Here is a link to a thread. The guy who goes by semperfifishing can tell you everything you need to know. Here is a link to a thread..

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...vid-added.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default transducer

thanks reeltime im still trying to get ahold of them to find out. how do you like your p66. do you get a nice clear picture. also dont forget about buckeye lake theres a lot of good 20" saugeyes in there.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it. First Airmar I have owned. It came with my Furuno FCV-620 that I bought used.

Love to make it up to Buckeye. Maybe we can hook up sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

I called my lorance guy. He said just set you're lorance to the b260 or the b258 translucent it is the exact same transducer other than the way it mounts.. Joe you are gonna love that transducer

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, i finally got ahold of someone at lowrance and he stated im pretty sure it will work but airmar said it will hook right up. i was hoping someone on here had one to see if they lost quality when they ran at speed being that the angle will change on the transom from trolling to 20mph. going to get it thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Default tm 260

Is this transducer worth the money. I have an hds 8 and at speeds it doesnt read much at all. If this will help me out i am going to get one just wanted some feedback from some of you that have one thanks
    Jigs Up sportfishing
    Capt. Joe Hansen
    740-627-1290
    Facebook/jigsupsportfishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishon View Post
    Is this transducer worth the money. I have an hds 8 and at speeds it doesnt read much at all. If this will help me out i am going to get one just wanted some feedback from some of you that have one thanks
    If you are running the crappy transducer that came with your unit you are missing out. If you want to read targets at planing speeds the Airmar 260 is the way to go period. Airmar makes this transducer in 3 different configurations. The TM260 (transom mount), B260 (thru hull), and M260 (shoot thru hull). All three are the same just different mounting configurations.

I am going to get the M260 shoot thru. You don't have to drill holes in your hull, and nothing hanging off the back of the transom to get hung up on stuff and you don't get the disturbance off the prop.

If you really want good info. on these transducers or any other sonar related questions, you need to give this guy a call. He is a sonar guru and can explain it all to you in understandable terms.

Gil Travis
    (800) 925-0341

Tell him "Reel Time" sent you.
    Last edited by ReelTime; 02-20-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default tm 260

Thanks reeltime. Im running the standard transducer right now that came with my hds 8. I will be getting either the tm 260 or the m260. Do you know if the shoot thru can work with an io without interference? thanks again
    Jigs Up sportfishing
    Capt. Joe Hansen
    740-627-1290
    Facebook/jigsupsportfishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishon View Post
    Thanks reeltime. Im running the standard transducer right now that came with my hds 8. I will be getting either the tm 260 or the m260. Do you know if the shoot thru can work with an io without interference? thanks again
    Yes as long as you have room in your bilge to install it. Here is a brochure on the M260.
    http://www.airmartechnology.com/uplo...hures/M260.pdf
    I beleive the M260 is a bit cheaper. Call Gil Travis at the number I posted above. He has killer prices and his support is fantastic.