Radio ideas, need imput from members Radio ideas, need imput from members Radio ideas, need imput from members Radio ideas, need imput from members
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default radio

Hey all,

I read this site often and have seen the conversation about radio channel,so I have decided to create an account so I can write.

You could say I have grown up on the lake I am the proud owner of a 27'sportcraft out of Meinke Marina West ,my grandparents ,father, myself and now my son had-have boats and have fished the lake many years...

my family, friends and myself fish the spring jig than will cast through the end of June mostly not fishing in the packs but as loners and seem to do as well as anybody we hear of,we than begin filling our freezers with perch!

If we do find a hot spot my family-friends will normally do the cell phone thing to give our location.

I will monitor 84 and as long as I feel comfterable there are not 500 boats doing the same thing and we get into the fish I will share with all of you.

We are heading to Burt Lake Michigan this coming weekend to find some ice than hope to have the boat in the water here in late March.

good luck fishing this coming season to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 84 is great, but I don't have a radio

Looking for suggestions on the cheapest radio that will work on the Lake. Is a 6 watt handheld unit enough?? We only get to Lake Erie less than half a dozen times each summer. I always use this site to decide where we are going, usually out of meinke's or Catawba. I have been wanting to get a radio for a while but haven't committed to spending the money. If I get one, I will definitely let people know if we get in to fish. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and to help the next guy out, I always try to do a follow up post on how the day went.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch for sales on radios.Don't know what your boat is, you would be better off looking for reg. radio setup. Longer range for transmitting and recieving. $ about the same if you shop right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Mobile walleye.com site

Radio idea is great. We're also working on a mobile site for walleye.com fishing reports and forums so you could easily send and receive fishing reports from your phone. More later so stay tuned ....................

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in... plenty of fish for every one..

Post Thanks / Like

I will be hitting the mouth of the maumee hard this spring I'm more than willing to share info if I have any

Post Thanks / Like

Default Radio

I am in for channel 84. This would be a lot of help for those of us that can only get up there once a month.. Thanks to whoever thought this up..

Post Thanks / Like

Default hand held radio

Episnoza, I use a cobra MR HH330 hand held radio it is submersible and floating.me and a buddy use them and have had no problems with them they have weather band alerts and go up to channel 88 i think.. Check on wholesale marine.. they had the best price when i got mine.. Hope that helps ya .. I just looked on wholesale marine 119.37 and it is 6 watts.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like my radio will be tuned to 84 as well. Great idea. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the water this year.