Walleye Walleye Walleye Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye

Just got up here last night.Anybody caught any walleye? Any good perching around the Kellys Island or Marblehead area?

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody that I heard of did very good yesterday for walleye. The Huron tournament only had a couple 4 fish limits turned in. We only boated 1 walleye east of Kelly Shoal. There was a nice group of perchers straight out from the airport, but I don't know how they were doing. That's all I know...Good Luck! Let me know how you do. I'll be up Friday and Saturday fishing and then we'll pull the boat.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I was up over Columbus Day weekend...so this is a little late. Algea got pretty bad as weekend went by. I was on Kelley's Shoal using my own spinner rigs. Limited Fri, Sat and Sun. Took 4 Mon morning before I had to go home. Averaged 19"-20". No big hogs. Everybody else was drifting, I was trolling at 1.4mph according to GPS on my IPilot. Speaking of, that is a GREAT piece of equipment. I fish alone and the hands off approach is well worth the money. Anyway, I was using my .031" wire wrap spinners. Just like a Derie only without the head. I put a few beeds on it, solid clevis with a blade and loop the terminal end. I don't use stinger hooks, just a long shank, bait holder #2 hook. Tie a 12 lb mono, 2' lead to that, loop the end, put whatever weight of egg sinker you want on it (no much wind that weekend, I got away with 1/4 oz). The ticket for me was a silver blade, red beads, small chunck of crawler and that magical 1.4 mph. Did the best in 9 feet of water. As the algea got to be where I was fishing, I moved just to the outside of it, put a heavier weight on, and kept trolling around the cloud of algea. Best was 9 feet of water, though I caught them out to 16'-17'. Caught many fish, only kept my limit. Nicest one was 26" that got to go free. Been a blast fisihing Erie, but time to retire out of the AF and go back to fish the Cloumbia River in Washington. Good luck to all and tight lines always.