Smallmouth the ghost fish Smallmouth the ghost fish Smallmouth the ghost fish Smallmouth the ghost fish
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were my boyfriend, I would have kept the walleye and threw you back! That is why I fish, to catch the trophy fish or eat them! My husband and I love to catch perch or walleye and get enough in our freezer to eat through the winter and the cost of fish isn't cheap!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Erie Dreaming View Post
    Didnt mean to bring the crybabys out in everyone!!!! i hope when all of you take a little dip in the lake, a smallmouth comes and bites you!!!
    Hey whiner.....maybe if you put as much effort into improving your fishing skills as you do your crying skills you could boat more Smallies. I personally have got it down to where I consistantly catch good fish. I have landed 4 Fish Ohio Smallmouths this summer - and took them home and ate them!

Some people will do anything for attention.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always been able to catch them (Smallmouth) when I target them, caught some this year while targeting walleyes. Tournament fishing is what harms the smallmouth population, they take the fish from their home habitat and then turn them loose in whatever port the weigh in is located (smallmouths are very home bound fish and are not nomadic like walleyes and perch are.). Next time there is a tournament check the area of the weigh-in or release area and see how many smallies are floating belly up in the next couple of days after the tournament. Please note that I am not advocating that tournament fishing be stopped or even limited just adding what I have observed with my own eyes.
    Same thing with walleye fishing I managed to catch 120+ eyes this year in just 24 or 25 trips some were caught in July and August and all were caught in the western Basin west of the Islands. Like I have said before keep a log and record every day that you fish good or bad and then you will soon know where to start and about how deep according to the weather conditions and time of day, year ect. and your catch rate will be drastically improved over a period of time.