People that shouldnt own boats! People that shouldnt own boats! People that shouldnt own boats! People that shouldnt own boats!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default People that shouldnt own boats!

So, here is the story thought I would share.. Saturday September 17th I got home to NW Ohio on leave from the military, so the following day I was finally afforded the opportunity to get up to Green Cove and see the 27 foot Sport Craft in which I purchased several months prior while on deployment. Well as the story goes I decided to take her out for a little afternoon trip with my wife and mother and father. We just ran out to B can just to give me a chance to get behind the wheel and do a little perching off of her.. well the perch bite was on and we had fished for about 2 hours, when I noticed this guy coming closer and closer to us, obviously his anchor was not holding so I ran up on the bow to give him a shout and see what the problem was. By the time I got a response out of this intelligent fella, he was floating over my anchor line, he replied with, "my anchor won't catch and my motor won't start." Which my first thought was great, well maybe he'll float over my line and keep on sliding because by now it was too late for me to pull in my line and get out of the way. Oh and to top it off he still had his anchor dragging.. I think in hopes to catch on mine.. not really sure.. well he ended up caught on top of my line with his out board, and his bow was pounding up against mine.. only to be stopped with my legs..So to make along story short I ended up undoing my line unable to get a bumper tied off to it in time.. so I had to let it go.. with no success of finding it.. well all in all i asked the intelligent fella if he needed a tow in he said "NO my brother is fishing right over there he's going to give me a jump when I give him a call."
    SO all of this could have been avoided if he would have not had a cranial rectal inversion and would have been proactive in the situation.. WELL if anyone hooks an anchor off B can give me a shout, if not Ill be doing some late season Diving to get it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default familiar to me

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    So, here is the story thought I would share.. Saturday September 17th I got home to NW Ohio on leave from the military, so the following day I was finally afforded the opportunity to get up to Green Cove and see the 27 foot Sport Craft in which I purchased several months prior while on deployment. Well as the story goes I decided to take her out for a little afternoon trip with my wife and mother and father. We just ran out to B can just to give me a chance to get behind the wheel and do a little perching off of her.. well the perch bite was on and we had fished for about 2 hours, when I noticed this guy coming closer and closer to us, obviously his anchor was not holding so I ran up on the bow to give him a shout and see what the problem was. By the time I got a response out of this intelligent fella, he was floating over my anchor line, he replied with, "my anchor won't catch and my motor won't start." Which my first thought was great, well maybe he'll float over my line and keep on sliding because by now it was too late for me to pull in my line and get out of the way. Oh and to top it off he still had his anchor dragging.. I think in hopes to catch on mine.. not really sure.. well he ended up caught on top of my line with his out board, and his bow was pounding up against mine.. only to be stopped with my legs..So to make along story short I ended up undoing my line unable to get a bumper tied off to it in time.. so I had to let it go.. with no success of finding it.. well all in all i asked the intelligent fella if he needed a tow in he said "NO my brother is fishing right over there he's going to give me a jump when I give him a call."
    SO all of this could have been avoided if he would have not had a cranial rectal inversion and would have been proactive in the situation.. WELL if anyone hooks an anchor off B can give me a shout, if not Ill be doing some late season Diving to get it!!
    Yep, that happened to me 5 years ago off Kellys Isl. Anchored in a perch group on the east side. Here comes this guy drifting through the perch pack looking to put a walleye in his box. Drifted right up on my stern, but he didnt get caught on the anchor line thankfully. I did get a couple worm harnesses in my line after i had to push him off and around my boat. A boat that was so old and had no business being on the water. I rescued a guy off Vermilion several yrs ago. in a 14 ft boat at dusk, with a south breeze a couple miles offshore, engine died, no lift jacket, no paddle and only had a flashlight thats what caught our eye from a quarter mile away bobbing in the waves. Safety is number ONE !

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat owners

we can not regulate stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like

we can not regulate stupidity
    We had a boat off Snake a few weeks ago that had an anchor that was sliding. The boat just kept slowly drifting back on us. The kicker is, they started hollering at us and wanted us to move our boat...they thought we were the ones moving. I guess maybe they thought a sea monster snagged our anchor and was pulling us up wind. I was dumb founded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walleye2go View Post
    We had a boat off Snake a few weeks ago that had an anchor that was sliding. The boat just kept slowly drifting back on us. The kicker is, they started hollering at us and wanted us to move our boat...they thought we were the ones moving. I guess maybe they thought a sea monster snagged our anchor and was pulling us up wind. I was dumb founded.
    Heck ya, Bessie lives, I think I saw her one night after a few too many.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it Ron White that says "you can't fix stupid" ...