Skipper 9 rigs are the Bomb Skipper 9 rigs are the Bomb Skipper 9 rigs are the Bomb Skipper 9 rigs are the Bomb
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Skipper 9 rigs are the Bomb

Finally got our boat back and came up on 9/14 out of East Harbor. Only got half a day in on Wednesday but squeaked out 83. Thursday was a no fishing day (waves were narly). Friday we got our 120 by noon. Saturday we got our 180 by 3. Sunday we got our 150 by 10:30. All fish were caught within the vicinity if rattlesnake. Some between Rattle and SB, others SW of the red bouy on West Reef, and Sunday we finished about a mile or so N of the red buoy just on the toe in 32 feet. There is a major school of perch out there all around Rattlesnake. I will say one thing though, we sat by boat that weren't really catching much and we were smoking them. We were using Skipper 9 rigs with braid main line and giving just a little slack. We did a fair share of sorting and had a bunch of white bass and sheep. Good Luck out there, we'll be back up shortly.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Default rigs

how do you make a skipper 9 rig

Post Thanks / Like

You can go back and read the post And show a picture of it. Or you can pm me and I will mail you one..

Post Thanks / Like

Smile market your rigs

hey jim you should market your rigs, I have the guys down here
    begging for your rigs, be better than beating the waves.
    Capt. Mike and Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye2go thanks for the tip on Sunday and for the extra minnows. That spot was on fire when we first got there but as you know we got there late and unfortunately it shut off like a switch shortly after noon. We ended up with 86 and a bunch of throw backs. Same program, Skipper9 rigs on the bottom.

Hey Wayne instead of those guys begging why don't they just learn to tie them? It on takes a couple minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile skipper nine

sometimes its easier to buy them then to tie your own, if I remember right jim telling his story to me he learn this rig from our end, one thing I would like to try to this rig is only two hooks instead of three for our end of the lake, it really out producing the old way crappie rigs on our end. Thanks jim for everything
    you have done for mike and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne...just leave the top hook bare and don't bait it. I bet we caught less than 3% of our fish on the top hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking perch rigs

It all goes back when you were a kid, no big secret or special rig. Just double knot one single snelled hook # 6 or # 8 long shank, .12" inches down double knot another hook, 6" down tie on a sinker 1/2 ounce on calmer days, 1 ounce with waves 3-4' like I said just go back to when you couldn't afford all the hupla.

Post Thanks / Like

Ant time Reeltime...by the time you got there we were almost done. Lake Erie is so big I'd call anybody I knew in on me if I was catching.The only reason I like the three hooks is because I want a triple lol, but you're right, only a few come on the top hook. You're right Poncho...you can save quite a bit of money by tying a few every evening. Plus, I get a lot of enjoyment from tying my own perch rigs and walleye snells.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to sell them... I was just sharing my style of fishing... You guys do what ever works for you... I have sent over 1900 free ones and 42 sold ones.. i am always here to help.by the way all you eye casters the shallow water bite is red hot up on gull island shoul and Kelly island shoul. Get up there and get them.. weight forward sinners.. even seen some twisted tales.. tiny teasers worked the best..