Just for fun. Rules of the road.. Just for fun. Rules of the road.. Just for fun. Rules of the road.. Just for fun. Rules of the road..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul meisner View Post
    18' lund has right of way. cause ur looking at his red lite on his starboard side.
    Green light is on starboard (right side of boat). Red light is on port. If yours are different, you better fix them.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bocajemma View Post
    Green light is on starboard (right side of boat). Red light is on port. If yours are different, you better fix them.....
    Better fix them!!!! WOW!!! I laughed for ten mins.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up red light green light

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Better fix them!!!! WOW!!! I laughed for ten mins.
    I am laughing right with ya Jim, a few on here should know better. I know of a few companies that hand out capt lic like they are nothing. Some of the guys I know never taught the very basic stuff and the course fee was low. You get what ya pay for. I went to one of the best schools and took the USCG test without any problems. Perch Charters available for this fall , my schedule has open dates.
    Capt. Greg
    419-890-2555 cell

Post Thanks / Like

Not putting anyone down but I got a few laughs out of this one as well. Wonder how many boaters know which side is port and which is starboard?

Post Thanks / Like

Default another one

Here is another one which should be common knowledge:

We returning from the lake going into a marked channel of a river, marina, etc., what color is the channel marker on the right?

Post Thanks / Like

Default red port

rule to remember red,right,return for channel marker,port side of boat,remember ,THE GUY ORDERING A BEER ,we have no RED PORT LEFT .hope this will help ,dave

Post Thanks / Like

In pauls defense if he was looking at his boat and someone had turned the light or lense around he might not even had know it without this talk. I have seen boats that have their bow light turned around the wrong way. Some times all of us miss the most simplest of things that are common sense and right in front of us. hince the saying if it would had been a snake it would had been bit me. But a new boater might not know which way is correct or not. thats why they have boaters saftey courses, good reminders for us all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bocajemma View Post
    Here is another one which should be common knowledge:

We returning from the lake going into a marked channel of a river, marina, etc., what color is the channel marker on the right?
    Red Right Return

I just remember that the 3 shorter words go together. Red vs Green. Left vs Right. And Port vs Starboard. Red, left and port vs Green, right, and starboard.
    Last edited by freddie; 09-02-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default right of way

To keep the Story going, how about the ass holes that fly through the packs of anchored fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default revenge !!

Quote Originally Posted by rsfrail View Post
    To keep the Story going, how about the ass holes that fly through the packs of anchored fisherman
    The solution to that situation is to get yourself a good high powered paintball gun. Splatter the side of the a...hole boat then repoet it to the CG and confirm the color order splatered on his boat. The CG will be able to identify the boat by the colors and issue the citation. Afterall he has to be very close in order for the paint balls to hit his boat and that will prove just how close he was. This actually happened to a fellow out east that fishes in a very small rowboat.

Airshot