Help Help Help Help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

What am I doing wrong?I have been up to the lake 6 times this year and I have put 5 fish in my boat.I don't even want to think about the cost/fish I have in these 5 fish.The only people on this board who catch fish regularly are trolling.I have tried casting harnesses/weapons,bottom bouncers ect.I have fished using different counts.We have fished West Sister and all the reefs.I'm still not giving up but I must admit I am getting frustrated.Am I going to be forced to get set up for trolling or can any of you guys give me some help.Thanks Scuba Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Take up a diff hobby........lol you golf? Lol just kiddin.......its been a tough year for me to! Iv only got 1-3-2and 8 and a goose egg today......

Post Thanks / Like

trollers are going to do better think about they cover a 200 foot path, you cover about 25 they cover about 10 times the area so if you catch 2 they catch 20. i do both when the lake is flat troll other wise drift. If you like to cast think about buying a canadian license I think its about $100.00 so if you use it 10 times its not that expensive. another thing to think about is to book a charter you can really learn a-lot plus you don't have to drive the boat. i do 1 a year on a drift charter, i learn something every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Works somtimes for me.

If you like to drift fish with worm harnesses try this, it sometimes works for me if the wind is right. Its like trolling without the motor running. Your boat will drift faster than boards. So get some small boards that clip to your fishing line and it will move your bait out away from the boat. This I think helps you get the fish your boat spooked. You also can cover more area. Watch your depth-sounder and get the depth of the most fish .Then set your lines to run just a little over them. I have caught a lot of fish this way. The key to this is to really watch the boards close. The fish may not always release the board when they hit. But you can tell, the board will bob up and down or run the wrong direction. Good luck and tight lines to ya. Don't give up its been different this year..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default drifting with boards

I tried that, drifting with small boards last Saturday and it worked great. I put bottom bouncers on them so I could drop the bait to exactly the depth I wanted. Really spread the lines out!

Post Thanks / Like

Default help

Fishin crazy:

Great ideal. There were times last Sat. that I was moving at 2 mph with the drift. Definitely can cover more area with this method. Will try next time with good wind.