perch perch perch perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

any perch around kellys or maybe cederpoint?

Post Thanks / Like

Seen lots of boats anchored just east of kellys, in 40 ft of water, seen several perch pulled out, was pry 30 boats in a group

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

thanks for the report guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch

Started out Sat. morning from Gem Beach Marina and was going to fish for walleye between Niagra and Green Is. and the lake turns us to fish on the leeway side of the Islands, Balist Is. shoals. Caught around 50 perch and the lake turned into 2 to 3 footers in the afternoon, so we decided to go to Gull shoals, and fished the rest of day for walleye. Nothing but sheephead. Should have stayed perching. Sunday we went back to Balist Is. shoals and we caught 100 perch from 7:45 to 10:00am and ran out of minnows. 5 fishing in our boat. Cardinal sin, always buy enought minnows for the Islands do not have a bait stores. Rookie mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, North East of ballast island many limits caught saturday morning by 3 head boats and 3 friends of mine.. I did not see them but they said they were nice size fish. My brother got theirs on sunday morning their he said they were 8.6 lbs per limit..

Post Thanks / Like

You're right on. We limited in between Ballast an N bass and they were right at 8 lbs a limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

was out by west sis got ...all good size even a few 12 s. i think one was almost 14..right around 8 # per man..dont get me wrong there where some throw backs..just about every one hit the box ....think just a single hook and a couple of split shot did get the bigger fish..by the end nobody had a spreader on... pulled some boards on the way home..got 2 eyes mostly white bass..a few sheeps still a great day to be out on the water.....

Post Thanks / Like

damn guys, sounds like some good perchin over there. do any of you guys dock west of catawba island? if so, how do you run to the east or NE side of ballast island? between PIB and middle bass? then around the north side of ballast? i know the south side of ballast is tricky right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
    damn guys, sounds like some good perchin over there. do any of you guys dock west of catawba island? if so, how do you run to the east or NE side of ballast island? between PIB and middle bass? then around the north side of ballast? i know the south side of ballast is tricky right?
    Go between Catawba and South Bass and then up to Ballast, that area between Ballast and South bass is real tricky!! Also if you go between North Bass And middle Bass you have to go out and around Lucy's Point on the north east corner of middle bass it is really tricky if you don't go out and around the green can at Lucy's Point

Post Thanks / Like

Smile perch wesyern end

sunday and monday, turn around bouy limits, off redo rd. limits,
    good catches around water intake, perch up to 12 inches sunday and monday.