Alittle scouting report Alittle scouting report Alittle scouting report Alittle scouting report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Alittle scouting report

Took a little trip to port ciltion and check out bait shop and
    look were every one was fishing, catawba very few boats out,
    port clition, all charters were 1/2 mile to 1 mile off shore
    in front of moose club, heard decent fish, western end north of west sister, also good reports at the cleaners of perch limits
    between water intake and metgers, in as little as 10 ft. of water
    with biggest perch in the 12 to 13 inch range, rest 8 to 9inch.
    water look clean but rough. Wayne , Reel sport charters

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! Always nice to see when folks are looking out for one another. If I can ever get back up on the lake, I'll be sure to post my report (though it's typically what NOT to do!)

Post Thanks / Like

charters fishing 1/2 mile to 1 mile out in front of port clinton? for perch i assume?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
    charters fishing 1/2 mile to 1 mile out in front of port clinton? for perch i assume?
    very doubtful they are perch fishing in 12ft of water this time of year. My guess is that those walleye are in searching for some mayfly's. Most likely smaller fish, but it happens every year.

Post Thanks / Like

yea they usually do, i guess its just a little later this year because of the spring weather. my brother and I got limits drifting 4 days in a row last year no more than a mile outside of our cut on the west side of catawba island during the first week or 2 of june

Post Thanks / Like

at least that's what I am hoping they are there for. Would love to have a short run again and pick up a couple. Don't care if it's really hot fishing when I only have to turn left out of the portage and go a mile or so.

Post Thanks / Like

amen brotha, and usually when they are in close and shallow feeding like that, mayfly rigs and weapons are just deadly. which is awesome for guys like me who despise trolling. here's to hoping

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Inclose

they were walleye fishing, all the party boats, plus 6 pack charters, some trolling, heard they were large fish, just not limits.perch limits between mienkes west and metgers marsh pier, 10 ft. water.
    WAYNE Reel sport Charters
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 06-24-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Man this would sure beat runnin 14 miles up between the islands. You guys think they are still there?